Chicken Fajitas are the flavorful Tex-Mex favorite, with a beer marinade and made easily on the stove top or grill.
by Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
I usually love steak fajitas, but for chicken prepare this way, I will make an exception. It’s the beer. I do this out on the grill in the cast iron skillet but you can do it inside on the stove. The plus side of doing it outdoors is the smoky flavor it imparts to the chicken and veggies.
I use Corona in this, which is good if you have kept the Corona stored out of light and sunlight, which can cause issues with its flavor. Of course, you can choose any mild summery lager you wish. But it is the beer, like I said, that gives this its character and depth of flavor.
I used fresh tortillas for my fajitas, which you can now buy (I found some at Kroger) and they are as easy to warm up as those already made using a skillet or griddle, but it has superior freshness and flavor without the hassle of making tortillas from scratch.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breast, sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup beer (lager beer)
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 2 teaspoon honey
- Cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Vegetables I use (optional):
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 poblano peppers, sliced
- 1 large onion, thickly sliced
- 2 to 3 roma tomatoes, quartered
- Other optional ingredients:
- Flour tortillas
- Sour cream
- Pico de gallo or salsa fresca
- Shredded cheddar or jack cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- Mix together all ingredients for marinade EXCEPT do not add the lime juice just yet- you don’t want to cook your chicken a bit early.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken in a ziplock bag, seal out all the air, and refrigerate overnight.
- Next day, pull out your chicken just before you start to heat up your grill, and add the lime juice NOW. Let the chicken sit until it warms up to room temp.
- Place chicken in marinade in a cast iron skillet preheated on the grill, and cook, stirring frequently, until chicken is cooked through.
- Also cook vegetables of choice for your fajitas (I have listed what I like above).
- Serve chicken and veggies on flour tortillas with sour cream, guacamole, pico de gallo or salsa fresca, cheese, lettuce, what have you.
You might also like:
Join my recipe group on Facebook for more recipes from blogger friends around the world!