Lots of flavors going on here! Who can resist the sweetness of roasted sweet potatoes and roasted red peppers with the assertive flavors of chorizo and manchego, not to mention the delicious crunch of almonds and the bite of arugula? Oh.my.good!
This would make a lovely luncheon salad or light dinner. We served it as a starchy side instead of potato or rice. Inspired by a recipe from Katie Quinn Davies.
- 3 cups arugula and mache blend
- 2 ounces Spanish chorizo (cured)
- 5 to 6 ounces sweet potato, baked and cooled
- 1 fire-roasted red pepper, peeled and seeded
- 1 ounce shaved Manchego cheese
- 2 tablespoons almonds (sliced toasted almonds)
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (I used rosemary infused oil)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoons basil paste
Arrange arugula on a serving platter.
Slice sweet potato as you would yams, and arrange on arugula.
Thinly slice chorizo and brown in a nonstick skillet a few minutes to render out excess fat; drain on a paper towel.
Slice roasted pepper.
Sprinkle salad with peppers, chorizo, cheese, and almonds.
Whisk together oil, lemon juice, basil paste together and season with salt and pepper.
Serve dressing over salad.