Deviously simple but delicious way to have a *light* steak meal. Very low carb.
Tagliata Con Rucola – Italian Steak and Arugula Salad
Recipe adapted from Trader Joe’s.
- 1 pound beef rib eye steak (one inch thick)
- Black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 7 ounces arugula
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar (or 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar)
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan cheese (or 1/4 cup pecorino romano cheese)
- Additional toppings (optional; I added thinly shaved onion and heirloom tomato slices)
Season steak with salt, pepper and oregano, then grill or broil until rare, 2-3 minutes per side.
Rest steak 5 minutes, then thinly slice.
Toss the meat and meat juices with the arugula, then drizzle with oilive oil and vinegar and toss again.
Serve topped with shaved cheese and additional black pepper, if desired.