Excellent and easy to make, baba ghanoush is excellent with toasted pita bread wedge, crackers, spread as a filling on a wrap. or with crudites.
White Bean and Roasted Eggplant Hummus – Baba Ghanoush
Recipe Source: Galley Wench at RecipeZazz
I added just a touch more lemon and salt, but I used home cooked chickpeas which were probably less salty and my lemon may have been small (I didn’t measure the juice). Bill gave this the thumbs up, being our biggest baba ghanoush fan here.
The eggplant bakes up quickly, and using the food processor makes this a very easy appetizer to put together, perfect for when friends drop by.
- 1 1/2 pounds eggplant, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoining
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground plus more for seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 large lemon, juice of (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons tahini paste (adjust to taste)
– See more at: RecipeZazz.com