By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
- 3 cups cold cooked basmati rice, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or mustard oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 2 whole Thai red chillies (or green)
- 12 fresh curry leaves
- 1 (4-inch) cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1/4 cup peanuts (roasted)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat cinnamon stick, cumin seed, mustard seed, thai chillies and cumin seed in a skillet with oil until it sputters, about a minute.
- Stir in the chickpeas, turmeric, rice, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir until the turmeric coats the rice, adding a little water if you need to mix it well. If you add water, cook to evaporate it.
- Cook until hot.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com