Sweet & spicy, this cheesy melt is made easy with a simple raspberry chipotle sauce and the peppery crunch of arugula on crispy grilled King’s Hawaiian bread.
This is a quick and simple panini I threw together for the people at King’s Hawaiian Bread. You can use any bread you like, but the delicate sweetness of their Hawaiian bread pairs perfectly with the spicy-sweet of the raspberry chipotle sauce. You can check out the other sandwiches developed for the contest at this link:
- 4 half inch slices King’s Original Hawaiian Sweet Round Bread
- 8 ounces Deli-sliced Smoked Turkey Breast
- 4 ounces Havarti Cheese, Thinly Sliced
- 6 slices Bacon, cooked crisp
- 1 cup Baby Arugula Leaves
- 1/4 cup Seedless Raspberry Jam, melted
- 1 Canned Chipotle Pepper (smoked jalapeno in adobo sauce), finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons White wine vinegar
Melt jam in a small saucepan on low heat, or use the microwave, stirring often.
You may opt to puree the chipotle in the sauce in your food processor if you wish to minimize handling the pepper.
- To prepare raspberry chipotle sauce, stir together melted raspberry jam with finely chopped chipotle pepper and vinegar; set aside.
- Layer turkey, cheese, bacon, and arugula inside two bread slices, placing raspberry chipotle sauce and arugula in the middle of the ingredients.
- Grill on a non-stick griddle or panini pan until golden and crispy on both sides.