Quick, simple and healthy way to serve beans a little bit more upscale.
This makes a great alternative to serving green bean casserole if you are looking for something a little more upscale. but still quick and simple! You can cook the beans ahead of time and just reheat them with the sauce cooked at the end.
- 12 ounces fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup chopped shallot
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. thyme leaves
- 2 ounces dry white wine
- 1 tsp. garlic paste
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- salt and pepper
- Cook green beans in boiling salted water for 8 minutes, then drain and plunge into ice water to stop cooking; drain when cool.
- Heat butter in a nonstick skillet and saute shallots until they begin to caramelize.
- Stir in the wine, garlic and thyme and cook until wine dissipates.
- Toss shallots with green beans and pine nuts; season to taste with salt and pepper.
You might also like:
Recipe Index A-M | Recipe Index N-Z | Home