by Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
This is a great alternative to typical buttermilk dressing coleslaw which is a classic southern dish. It has a mildly spicy flavor, not hot at all, with a little sweetness from the raisins and crunch from the almonds and as well, a little bit of tang in the dressing from the kefir.
I think it is perfect for a side at lunch with a turkey sandwich, great for brown bagging it.
I do hope you enjoy!
- 14 ounces finely shredded green cabbage
- 1 ounce shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley (garnish)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain lowfat kefir
- 4 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Toss ingredients for slaw together in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients and combine with slaw.
- Refrigerate before serving.
Recipe from: palatablepastime.com
Join my recipe group on Facebook for more recipes from blogger friends around the world!
You might also like:
All material © Sue Lau and Palatable Pastime