Fajita Chicken Nachos
by Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
Who doesn’t love a humongous plate of nachos for noshing while their favorite sports game is on television?
You can line up all the best game-day appetizers you like, but nachos will always be up there with the best of them. And these aren’t your ordinary cheese sauce topped chips. Substantial, they can make a meal. Great for guys who want a lot of muscle in their meal.
The prep time is for marinating, so don’t think the time will set you back. Once marinated (and you can do this the night before), the time that remains from there will be 15-20 minutes, tops.
Fajita Chicken Nacos
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 12 ounces corn tortilla chips
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup sliced pickled jalapenos
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 1/2 cup diced ripe tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup salsa
- Mix together chicken marinade and marinate chicken in a ziploc bag overnight.
- Next day, drain chicken but save the marinade.
- Slice chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet and stir-fry the chicken, peppers and onion until chicken is cooked; add remaining marinade to pan and cook until it evaporates.
- Fill a pie plate with chips then top with chicken mixture, then sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake about 5-10 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Top nachos with olives, jalapenos, tomatoes, sour cream, guacamole, cilantro and salsa as desired.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
Join my recipe group on Facebook for more recipes from blogger friends around the world!
You might also like: