Rich chocolatey cookies with a hint of holiday peppermint.
Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies
by Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
As we wind down the year, many of us are deep in the jungle of making holiday treats and cookies. And what a great time of year that is! Baking cookies always makes me happy.
And as part of my cookie baking festivities, this year I have decided to take part in the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap. What happened is that food bloggers from all over have given a charitable donation to be able to participate in the cookie swap. Then each of us bakes up a cookie recipe which we later post on our blogs (this post is mine) and the cookies we bake we send off to three lucky bloggers as a holiday surprise. In return, each of us received a dozen cookies from three other bloggers. And as well, some lovely gifts from the sponsors.
In support of Cookies For Kids Cancer
The swap has been graciously hosted by Julie at The Little Kitchen and Lindsay at Love and Olive Oil. Thank you, ladies, for being so generous with your time and efforts! It is SO worth it to help children in need!
My cookies for this first year are Peppermint chocolate chip cookies, which I know I could do well and also would ship fabulously. No sense in making delicate cookies if they won’t arrive intact! I do have some tips for shipping cookies you might like to save:
Cookie Shipping Tips
- Choose cookies which are not so delicate that they break easily.
- Wrap each cookie individually inside of a cookie tin or other sturdy container
- Place the cookie tin inside of a shipping box with lots of good padding, such as bubble wrap or packing peanuts.
- Make sure the inner tin cannot shift around from its bouncy ride during delivery.
- Don’t forget to properly address the cookies or it will be coming right back!
I hope everyone has a wonderful time baking up the cookies, and be sure to visit the other bloggers to see all of the cookies that were made. It’s going to be a ton of different recipes!
Happy Holidays to all from Palatable Pastime!
Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large pastured organic eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coca, sifted
- 10 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup crushed peppermint candies (candy canes), divided
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Cream together butter and sugars in an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time as well as vanilla; mix until smooth.
- Stir together sifted flours and coca with baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add to mixer to form a dough. Scrape the bottom to get all the flour mixed in.
- Fold in the dark chocolate chips and half of the crushed peppermint candy.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a silpat lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes.
- Immediately top with a bit more candies while it is soft and tap down lightly so they stick.
- Cool another minute, then finish cooling on a wire rack.
- From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
I AM THRILLED TO ABOUT the brand partners for this worthy cause, each of whom will be matching donations to COOKIES FOR KIDS’ CANCER, dollar for dollar (up to $3000)! The cookie swap not only contributes to the food blogger community, but also supports a great cause.
Join me in supporting this worthy cause this holiday season.
Please use the button below to submit a donation (in the amount of your choosing) to CFKC.
*Donations will go directly to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer, a recognized 501(c)3 public charity duly incorporated under the laws of the state of New Jersey.
Disclaimer: This is a charitable event and I have not been compensated in any way by the promoters or sponsors. All opinions are my own.