Spicy Szechuan Shrimp Lettuce Cups
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
With the Big Game coming up on us, I know y’all typically think of having lots of “Guy Food”. Wings. Brats. Burgers. BBQ. Massive Sub sandwiches. More dip than the Big Dipper. Chips. More dip. Oh My Goodness! Don’t we all love that stuff? But I have to say I have done so much of it and have so many recipes posted that I wanted something a little more fresh and light for those in the crowd who just wanted something a little…different.
Still, the food needs to be hand held to be viable as football watching food. And with the Chinese New Year coming up, I have been making TONS of Asian food so thought these little Szechuan shrimp lettuce cups might be just the thing. So, here it is.
And as far as “Manfood” goes, my husband loved these. So give them a try. They are real simple and quick to make. And if you like, get the filling made ahead, and just rewarm slightly and fill the lettuce cups to keep down on prep before the game. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
Spicy Szechuan Shrimp Lettuce Cups
Weight Watchers Smart Points per serving: 2
- 8 ounces small peeled and deveined shrimp, chopped
- 1 cup chopped water chestnuts
- 1 head of endive lettuce, separated into pieces
- 2 tablespoons low-sugar ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger root
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- extra sriracha and chopped cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Chop shrimp and water chestnuts and separate endive into pieces.
- Mix sauce in a small bowl.
- Heat water chestnuts in a nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and add shrimp, stirring until they cook and become opaque.
- Stir in sauce and heat through.
- Fill lettuce pieces with shrimp mixture, garnish and serve.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
Big Game Day Party Recipes
The Sunday Supper Tastemakers are very pleased to present:
A collection of favorite sports party recipes for the Big Game, or anytime.
Appetizers and Sides
- Atomic Buffalo Turds by Wholistic Woman
- Avocado Egg Rolls by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Bacon Wrapped Potato Wedges by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Buttermilk Battered Chicken Wings by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Cajun Okra Fries by Food Lust People Love
- Cheddar Sausage Balls by Tramplingrose
- Cheese Board and Baguettes Make for the Start of a Great Game Day Feast by Delaware Girl Eats
- Cheesy Crabmeat Canapés by Meal Planning Magic
- Cheesy Sausage Dip by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Chicken Fajita Nachos by Sweet Mornings
- Chipotle-Ranch Chicken Wings by Casa de Crews
- Corn Dog Muffins by Noshing With The Nolands
- Crock-Pot Bean Dip by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Deep Fried Pimento Cheese and Celery Bites by Granny’s Down Home Sassy Southern Cooking
- Fish Taquitos by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Asian Sweet Chili Wings by Flippin’ Delicious
- Healthy Guacamole Recipe by Real Food Real Deals
- Hogs in a blanket by Cooking on the Ranch
- Nacho Waffle Fries by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Patatas Pobres for a Crowd by Lydia’s Flexitarian Kitchen
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by Daily Dish Recipes
- Pimento Cheese-Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Dates by The Healthy Fit Foodie
- Rajas by Pook’s Pantry
- Roasted Broccoli Artichoke Dip by Cooking Chat
- Slow Cooker Thai Wings by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Smoky Blender Salsa by What Smells So Good?
- Southwestern Eggroll Cups by A Gouda Life
- Southwestern Flatbread and a “Design Your Own Flatbread” Table by The Freshman Cook
- Spicy Szechuan Shrimp Lettuce Cups by Palatable Pastime
- Sweet and Spicy Hummus by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Texas Caviar by Books n’ Cooks
- Tex-Mex Egg Rolls by Cookin’ Mimi
- Three Cheese Macaroni Bites by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders With Tangy Warm Cabbage Slaw by Taste And See
- Buffalo Chicken Chili by Monica’s Table
- Cheeseburger Pizza by Life Tastes Good
- Emeril’s Chicken and Andouille Gumbo by The Texan New Yorker
- Game Day Chili by Our Good Life
- Handy Beef Buns by Get the Good Stuff
- Lahmacun – Turkish flatbread by Caroline’s Cooking
- New Jersey Sloppy Joe by kimchi MOM
- Pizza Pasta Bake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pork Italiano Sandwich by The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Puerto Rican Pernil (Garlic Roast Pork) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Ree’s Philly Cheesesteaks by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Slow Cooker Italian Sausage Cheese Bombers by Kitchen Gidget
- Spicy Tuna Croquette Sliders with Avocado Pesto by The Crumby Cupcake
Desserts and Drinks
- Chocolate Football Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Sugar Chex Mix by Pies and Plots
- Game Day Mocktails by Beauty and the Beets
- S’more Poutine by Desserts Required
- Super Duper Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn by Only Taste Matters
You might also like: