Regional Specialties Preview for #SundaySupper
by Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
A taste of home. Everyone knows something that is commonly prepared around the place they live that everybody loves. It can really warm the heart, ground you, and provide the communal sustenance of friendship, common background and local flavor.
For me, growing up in St. Louis, I was weaned on barbecued pork steaks, toasted ravioli, St. Paul sandwiches, cracker crust pizza with provol cheese, gooey butter cakes, and of course, Ted Drewe’s Frozen Custard.
Bill and I moved away after we married, being wrapped up in that machine we call the US Military. Every few years we found a new place to call home. Across the south, with specialties like whole fried catfish and an astonishing array of barbecue, to Florida with all its seafood (rock shrimp are a particular favorite of mine!) and then back north to Ohio where at long last, having settled in Cincinnati, we have come to enjoy the spoils of Cincinnati chili and of course, goetta.
It all has become woven into the tapestry of our lives. Food memories span the years from many places, breaking bread with many faces. And now, with some places far in the distant past we can talk with friends and say “Do you remember the food they had at…” and immediately receive knowing nods and smiles.
This Sunday, over fifty bloggers from all over the planet will share some of their favorite regional specialty recipes with you. And on Sunday evening we will gather around the table for a fun and lively Twitter chat at 7 p.m. ET. To join the conversation, use the hashtag #SundaySupper and feel free to jump in anytime and share your own meatball recipes, tips and ideas!
I hope you will join us! Bring your favorite local recipes to share!
- Crispy Salmon Bites with Homemade Tartar Sauce by Pine Needles In My Salad
- Loaded Tex-Mex Chile con Queso by The Weekend Gourmet
- New England Style Stuffed Clams by Caroline’s Cooking
- Brandy Old Fashioned by Curious Cuisiniere
- Wine Pairing Recommendations For #SundaySupper Regional Specialties by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
- Pittsburgh Steak and Fries Salad by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Ranch Dressing by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Tupelo Honey Key Lime Vinaigrette by Family Around the Table
- Alabama White Barbecue Sauce by Cookin’ Mimi
- Delaware Crabs by Delaware Girl Eats
- JoJo Potatoes by A Mind Full Mom
- Long Beans with Coconut by Food Lust People Love
- Old Bay Cauli-Tots by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Southern Collard Greens by Magnolia Days
- Amish Chicken and Dumplings by Palatable Pastime
- Boiled Lobster with Drawn Butter by Taste And See
- Bison Steaks with Cranberry Chimichurri by Tramplingrose
- California Beer Steamed Shrimp by Nosh My Way
- California Roll Poke Salad by Brunch-n-Bites
- Cali Inspired Fish Tacos by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cheesy Tex Mex Enchiladas by The TipToe Fairy
- Cola Marinated Steak Tips by Hardly a Goddess
- Corn and Bacon Chowder by Moore or Less Cooking
- Crab-Stuffed Artichokes with Spicy Aioli by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Deep Fried Pizza Roll by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Halal Cart-Style Chicken and Rice with White Sauce by The Texan New Yorker
- Hatch Chili Pepper Jack Burger by Fearless Dining
- Hattie B’s Hot Chicken by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Homemade Quebec Maple Baked Beans by She Loves Biscotti
- How to Make Vegetable Lumpia by Asian In America
- Italian Hot Dog by Simple and Savory
- Michigan Pasties by The Chef Next Door
- Mom’s City Chicken by My Life Cookbook
- North Carolina BBQ with Cole Slaw and Hush Puppies by The Freshman Cook
- Philly Cheesesteak Calzones by Baking Sense
- Polish Boy Sandwich by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Shrimp Scampi by My World Simplified
- Spicy Salmon for Tacos by Hey What’s for Dinner Mom?
- Tex-Mex Slowcooker Chicken and Beef Fajitas by Meal Planning Magic
- Wet Burritos by Wholistic Woman
- Angel Food Cupcakes by Cooking With Carlee
- Austrian Mohnnudeln (Poppy Seed Noodles) by The Bread She Bakes
- Butter Tarts – A Canadian Tradition by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Carob Cherry Crumb Bars by Pies and Plots
- Florida Key Lime Cream Pie by The Crumby Cupcake
- Fried Biscuits by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Gooey Butter Cake from Saint Louie! by Our Good Life
- Homemade Butterscotch Krimpets by The Redhead Baker
- Peanut Pie by Feeding Big and more
- San Jose Burnt Almond Cake by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Shoofly Pie by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Spanish Bar Cake by Get the Good Stuff!
- Sugar Cream Pie by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Plus Rhubarb Steamed Pudding and Favorite Regional Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement