Nachodillas with Jalapeno Bean Dip
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
We’re a week away from the start of the 2016 NFL season, and being Green Bay Packer fans, we are quite excited. It promises to be a very good year for the Packer-Backers, with Aaron Rodgers starting the season in top form, the return of Jordy Nelson, a reinspired Eddie Lacy and new draft picks added to the team, have all the fans at the edge of their seats in anticipation. Even the preseason has been an auspicious start, with the Pack going 3-1.
Fans are already chomping at the bit to celebrate, and what better way than with an array of delicious game time snacks? One of the favorites in our home is anything Tex-Mex. And we do love nachos! But rather than plates full of fried chips, I have tried to be a little devious and make them instead as a pseudo-nacho, all with a lightly griddled tortilla, and a very high-protein bean dip.
Now normally, a quesadilla is made on a flour tortilla, and though some references say it can be on either flour or corn, I have not seen them done on corn. But nachos are always done on corn tortillas, and making them this way and cutting them into wedges is a perfect way to put the cheese inside, making them easy to eat as well. You can do these on either flour tortillas or corn, as you prefer. Or if you just want to buy a bag of chips and make up the bean dip, you will find the flavor to be like the retro bean dips of the 1960’s which I grew up with. That kind of bean dip was one of my Dad’s favorites and I have fond memories of enjoying it with him.
I hope this is a snack you can enjoy with your family, or perhaps also with friends stopping by to watch the game and cheer on your favorite team, if by some unfortunate turn of events, that team doesn’t happen to be the Packers. But in any case, I do offer your team, my deepest sympathies, when they arrive in Mr. Rodger’s neighborhood. And without further adieu,
Are You Ready For Some Football…Snacks?
Why yes, yes I am. And Sunday Supper has tons of great ideas, all we need.
Be sure to check them out below.
Nachodillas with Jalapeno Bean Dip
- 10-count fresh yellow corn tortillas
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat griddle or skillet and warm tortilla until it softens.
- Place 1/4 cup cheddar on each and when it softens, fold it over and griddle until golden brown and crisp.
- Cool slightly to set cheese then cut into nacho wedges.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas and cheese and serve the nachodillas with bean dip (recipe below).
Jalapeno Bean Dip Ingredients:
- 16 ounce can refried beans
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup minced pickled jalapenos
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeno brine/juice
- Warm refried beans in a saucepan until hot then stir in the cheese to melt.
- Add remaining ingredients, stirring until dip is warmed, then remove from heat and serve with “nachodillas” or tortilla chips.
Yield: 2-1/4 cups dip
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
Easy Football Food Ideas for Game Day
Hosted by Coleen of The Redhead Baker
- Atomic Buffalo Turds by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Avocado Corn Salad by Books ‘n Cooks
- Bacon-wrapped Shrimp Jalapeño Poppers by Food Lust People Love
- BLT Bites by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Buffalo Chicken Taquitos with Cilantro Crème by Cooking with Carlee
- Chipotle Lime Chicken Fajita Sliders by Flavor Mosaic
- Gyro Meatballs & Herbed Yogurt Dip by My Life Cookbook
- Ham and Salami Rollups by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Healthier Patatas Bravas by Caroline’s Cooking
- Kale Pesto Dip by Cooking Chat
- Liptauer (Hungarian Cheese Spread) by Curious Cuisinere
- Loaded Guacamole by Casa de Crews
- Mexican Spinach Dip by Meal Planning Magic
- Nachodillas with Jalapeno Bean Dip by Palatable Pastime
- No-Bake Almond Energy Bites by Pies and Plots
- PB&J Wings by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pork Belly Sliders by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Queso Blanco Dip by Life Tastes Good
- Roasted Jalapeno and Chorizo Queso by The Texan New Yorker
- Ultimate Taco Dip by Monica’s Table
- Bacon Swiss Burger Sliders by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Blackberry Sriracha BBQ Wings by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Honey Lime BBQ Chicken Thighs by Our Good Life
- Mexican Pizza by Chef Next Door
- Oven-Fried Chicken Tenders by Food Done Light
- Oven-Fried Fish Sliders by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by The Redhead Baker
- White Chicken Chili by Powered by BLING
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad by Crazed Mom
- 5-Ingredient Buckeye Dip by A Mind Full Mom
- Brownie Bomb Bars by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Chocolate Football Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Miso Salted Caramel Ice Cream Sandwiches by Ninja Baker
- Touchdown Popcorn Toffee Bark by The Weekend Gourmet
- White Chocolate Toffee Chunk Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
You might also like: