By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
It’s time for #MuffinMonday again! I am so happy to be back after missing last month (I was neck deep in #CookoutWeek recipes!)- and I do enjoy being busy, but sometimes things work out that way.
I’ve been pretty busy this month as well but things are slowing down for a moment before being really busy again in August! Almost all may days are filled up and I have several yummy summertime recipes I will do my best to squeeze in there before the change of seasons arrives Mid-September.
And I still don’t know where half the year has gone.
But for today I took some summer fruits that are wildly abundant right now- both blueberries and peaches, and spun them together in a tasty muffin. The streusel is from a base mix which I used in #BrunchWeek for my Cinnamon Roll Pizza if you recall that one. It is a topping that stems from the restaurant industry and bakeries that do a lot of this. It will make more than you need, but just bag it up and freeze it and pull it out whenever you want to sprinkle on muffins, coffee cake or the like. It saves a lot of time having it ready. You can see it has a golden color and is perfectly suited for making crumb cake.
Tomorrow is still open and I haven’t decided what I will put up yet. I’ll take a peek in my files and surprise you. I do have a lot of recipes tucked away so if you are hunting for a particular type you can always message me in the comments and if I have it, I will give it priority. Also, if I don’t have something but it sounds good and you mention it, it will be more likely to happen. So don’t feel bashful or shy about filling me up with ideas and requests.
Wednesday I am doing Peach Crumble Bars which are some bar cookies with a peach fruit filling and a crumble topping (obviously, because of the title!)
Thursday I am doing an updated version of a cookie my Mom used to make (Hermits) that I always loved. Hers came from Betty Crocker, but this one will be my own take on it. And mine surpass that one if I must say so myself. I’ve gotten pretty good at developing new cookie recipes.
I hope you join me each day! And if you use FaceBook as well, you can also follow me on my blog page there—> Palatable Pastime as well as my recipe group where lots of friends share recipes with the members—->Palatable Recipes. There is lots of new stuff all the time- including things that aren’t posted here, so it is definitely worth your while.
- 6 tablespoons melted butter, cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh peaches,chopped (no skin, no pit, fine dice)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup streusel topping (see recipe below)
- 1 (9 ounce box) Jiffy Yellow Cake Mix
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare streusel topping by mixing the cake mix with the cold butter until crumbly.
- Stir together the cooled melted butter, eggs, milk, vanilla, flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In another small bowl, toss blueberries with peeled diced pitted peaches, then toss again with the 2 tbsp. flour.
- Stir fruit into the batter.
- Pour batter into cupcake liners or greased muffin tins no more than 2/3 full, then sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the streusel topping; freeze any extra topping in a ziploc freezer bag to use for other muffins.
- Bake muffins for 22-26 minutes or until a toothpick can be removed without wet batter.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
- Banana Cookie Butter Oatmeal Muffins from Farm Fresh Feasts
- Blueberry-Peach Muffins from Palatable Pastime
- Cherry Surprise Muffins from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Corned Beef Stuffed Muffins from Passion Kneaded
- Country Applesauce Pecan Muffins from Food Lust People Love
- Sour Cream Muffins with Mixed Berries from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
#MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins. You can see all our of lovely muffins by following our Pinterest board.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday, can be found on our home page.
Join my recipe group on Facebook for more recipes from blogger friends around the world!