Hawaiian Hot Dogs
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
Welcome to #CookoutWeek 2018! I have teamed up with over 50 fellow bloggers to post some of our favorite cookout recipes. As well, we have some generous sponsors who have donated some prizes for a giveaway.
I plan to be posting each and every day this week, beginning with this fun and quirky recipe for Hawaiian Hot Dogs which includes its own fresh relish.
The rest of the week I will be posting as follows:
- Tuesday: Grilled Duck Tacos with Salsa Naranja (feat. roast duck from one of the sponsors, Maple Leaf Farms)
- Wednesday: Korean Short Ribs (Kalbi Kui)
- Thursday: Grilled Shrimp Souvlaki
- Friday: Macaroni Salad Caprese
- Saturday: Pineapple Lemonade
This week, we are also hosting a fabulous giveaway thanks to our generous #CookoutWeek sponsors. Scroll down the page to enter to win.
Hawaiian Hot Dog with Fresh Relish
Allow 1-3 hours extra inactive chill time for relish (you can do this ahead)
Fresh Hawaiian Relish Ingredients:
- 1-1/2 cups diced English cucumber
- 1/3 cup minced red onion
- 1/3 cup minced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns, toasted
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 8 pineapple slices
- Prepare Hawaiian relish by stirring together the cucumber, onion, bell pepper with the salt and letting drain in a colander for one hour.
- After one hour, rinse vegetables thoroughly under cold water and drain.
- While the water is dripping off, stir together the sugar, pineapple juice, vinegar, mustard, celery seed, pepper flakes and pineapple.
- Mix in the rinsed and drained veggies and refrigerate for 1-3 hours.
- Stir together the teriyaki mayo and keep chilled until needed.
- Cook bacon, crumble and keep nearby.
- Heat grill and grill pineapple until they get grill marks.
- Also grill hot dogs and toast the buns.
- To build, split the hot dogs down the center and place on buns with grilled pineapple pieces cut in half, teriyaki mayo and Hawaiian relish.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
Cookout Week Giveaway
Here’s what one lucky will will receive:
- Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill from blog hosts The PinterTest Kitchen. This grill has 280 square inches of cooking space over porcelain-coated grates and two 12-inch side shelves for extra prep space.
- A Red KitchenAid Mixer and 5 Flavored Butters from our friends at Chef Shamy. Make the World a Butter Place® with Chef Shamy! The winner will receive Garlic Butter, Cinnamon Brown Sugar Honey Butter, Vanilla Bean Honey Butter, Strawberry Honey Butter, and French Onion Butter with Asiago Cheese to use in your favorite cookout recipes. And if you just can’t wait, use 10BUTTER10 starting today to get 10% off your Chef Shamy butter order on Amazon. These butters contain no oil, and the savory butters are perfect for keto recipes.
- A Duck Product Pack from our friends at Maple Leaf Farms consisting of 2 pkgs All Natural Boneless Duck Breasts (7.5 oz), 2 pkgs Fully Cooked Roast Half Ducks w/Orange Sauce (14 oz), 1 pkg Duck Bacon (12 oz), and 1 pkg All Natural Duck Legs (16 oz). Maple Leaf Farms is celebrating its 60th anniversary raising White Pekin ducks on local, family-owned farms.
- Butter-flavored Organic Coconut Oil from our friends at Barlean’s. This dairy free option offers all the healthy benefits of organic coconut oil, with the rich taste of butter. It’s great on toast, popcorn, baked potatoes, or cooked vegetables. You can also substitute it 1:1 for butter in baking, cooking, and frying, and of course it is perfect as a butter substitute for all your favorite cookout recipes.
- 24 Cartons of Vinegar Shots from our friends at Vermont Village. You’ll receive 12 cartons of turmeric flavor and 12 cartons of cranberry flavor. Each carton contains 12 individual, 1 fluid ounce vinegar shot pouches! This raw, organic apple cider vinegar has rich flavors from whole foods and is sweetened naturally with honey.
That’s a prize pack worth over $750!
To enter, follow our sponsors and bloggers on social media by entering your information below:
Be sure to check out the other #CookoutWeek recipes!
Here’s a full list of the bloggers participating in #CookoutWeek 2018! You can find yummy recipes by checking out any of the links below:
The PinterTest Kitchen ♥ 2 Cookin Mamas ♥ A Day in the Life on the Farm ♥ A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures ♥ April GoLightly ♥ Authentically Candace ♥ Blogghetti ♥ Body Rebooted ♥ Bottom Left of the Mitten ♥ Cheese Curd In Paradise ♥ Chef Sarah Elizabeth ♥ Coconut & Lime ♥ Cookaholic Wife ♥ CookwithRenu ♥ Daily Dish Recipes ♥ Everyday Eileen ♥ Fairyburger ♥ Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice ♥ Family Around the Table ♥ Fix Me a Little Lunch ♥ For the Love of Food ♥ Frankly Entertaining ♥ Frugal & Fit ♥ Get the Good Stuff! ♥ Hardly A Goddess ♥ Herbivore Cucina ♥ Join Us, Pull up a Chair ♥ Jolene’s Recipe Journal ♥ Jonesin’ For Taste ♥ Karen’s Kitchen Stories ♥ Kelly Lynn’s Sweets & Treats ♥ Mildly Meandering ♥ Moore or Less Cooking ♥ Our Good Life ♥ Oven Tales By Syama ♥ Palatable Pastime ♥ Sarah Cooks the Books ♥ Savory Moments ♥ Seduction In The Kitchen ♥ Strawberry Blondie Kitchen ♥ Sweet Coralice ♥ Tampa Cake Girl ♥ Technotini ♥ That Recipe ♥ The Baking Fairy ♥ The Beard and The Baker ♥ The Freshman Cook ♥ The Simple Supper ♥ The Spiffy Cookie ♥ The Weekday Gourmet ♥ This is How I Cook ♥ Who Needs A Cape?
Comment below with your favorite cookout recipe!