Apple Noodle Kugel
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
This post is sponsored in conjunction with AppleWeek . I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Welcome back to Apple Week! I have yet another recipe for you and as well, the giveaway is still going on through next week. You can enter by finding the link on the welcome page which also has my recipe for apple nut bread, so don’t get confused and think you got lost.
This apple noodle kugel was my first time making a sweet kugel. I think I may have held off in the past not making one, not knowing how I would like a sweet noodle dish. But having made one now and tasting it, I wish I would have tried long ago. The flavor is a little bit like apple pie but not overly sweet, and in some ways reminds me of bread pudding. It is not nearly as sweet as something like sweet potato casserole, which is a Thanksgiving staple.
I understand this kind of thing is served at Jewish seders for Rosh Hashanah, although that isn’t something we celebrate here. But I still enjoy the food.
Apple Noodle Kugel
- 6 ounces uncooked wide egg noodles
- butter for the pan
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup dried sweetened cranberries (craisins)
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Generously butter an 8×8-inch ovenproof casserole dish or brownie pan.
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions and drain.
- Whisk together the ricotta, sour cream, applesauce, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar, and raisins.
- Stir in the cooked noodles then spread into the square casserole dish.
- Toss the remaining walnuts, brown sugar and cinnamon, sprinkling over the top of the casserole.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until set.
- Rest for five minutes, then slice and serve warm as a side dish to the main course.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
Apple Week Recipe Roundup:
- 1-Pot Apple Sausage Meatballs by Books n’ Cooks
- ABC Sheet Pan Dinner by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Apple Bacon Goat Cheese Salad by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Apple Bourbon Float by Our Good Life
- Apple Butter Overnight Chia Oatmeal by Love and Confections
- Apple Cinnamon Layer Cake with Brown Butter Streusel by The Baking Fairy
- Apple Cornbread Cakelets by The Redhead Baker
- Apple Crumble Muffins by The Anthony Kitchen
- Apple Noodle Kugel by Palatable Pastime
- Caramel Apple Pie Dip by Mildly Meandering
- Apple Pie Donuts by Daily Dish Recipes
- Apple Pie Turnovers by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Apple Pork Burgers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Apple Cranberry Crock Pot Stuffing by West Via Midwest
- Baked Chai-Spiced Apple Chips by Culinary Adventures With Camilla
- Beet Apple Salad with Maple Vinaigrette by Caroline’s Cooking
- Butterscotch Harvest Cake by Tip Garden
- Caramel Apple Cookie Bars by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Caramel Apple Sheet Cake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cinnamon Apple Crumb Cake by Cookaholic Wife
- Cinnamon Caramel Apple Frozen Custard by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck
- Cold Apple Cider with Caramel Infused Rum by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Creamy Blue Cheese & Sliced Apple Crostini by Who Needs a Cape?
- Deconstructed Chocolate Caramel Mini Apple Pie by The Freshman Cook
- Deconstructed Skillet Apple Dumplings by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Fall Panzanella Salad by House of Nash Eats
- Fresh Apple Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze by Soulfully Made
- German Apple Cake with Brown Sugar Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting by Cooking With Carlee
- Glazed Spiced Apple Cider Cookies by Savory Moments
- Hasselback Apples by Kate’s Recipe Box
- PB Apple Muffins by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Skillet Apple and Sausage Stuffing Recipe by Lemon Blossoms
- Skinny Apple Crisp by The Saucy Fig
- Slow Cooker Apple Butter by Shockingly Delicious
- One Pan Pork Chops with Apples and Cinnamon by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Out of This World Apple Cake by Family Around the Table