By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
Frosted lemonade is my recipe of the day for Festive Foodies as we are sharing ice cream treats as part of an ice cream social.
I was thinking of making ice cream but truthfully, my ice maker is on the fritz. So my extra freezer space is devoted to ice cube trays and we are going through a lot! I suppose I should call the repairman, but you know. If we are getting by, I think I’d rather wait for this covid thing to settle down.
So no room for the ice cream tub. And I’d love to get a machine with a compressor, but maybe not so much while we are laid off from work. I am not Marie Antoinette so can’t just buy willy nilly when there is no steady work because of covid.
But getting by…
I do like the Frosted Lemonades from Chick-Fil-a but they cost an arm and a leg. And I need all mine right now. Haha.
And I was scoping out to see how many people posted these and saw some recipes. I am NOT doing that.
Three Ingredients, Stupid Easy
I can’t help it, but when it gets hot I also get a bit lazy about making things from scratch. So I pared this down to just three ingredients with zero prep. Are you still with me? *grinning*
Ice cream. Check. Frozen lemonade. Check. Creamer. Check.
Harold! She’s kvetching about the grocery prices again!
Did I mention the frozen lemonade concentrate is probably a bit cheaper than the fresh lemons? I buy those for my iced tea and they are *outrageous*, sometimes 79 cents each or higher.
And the crappy blenders…
Oh and I did this in the food processor instead of the blender and that works great. My blender has been annoying me if ice cream just sticks in the bottom. I really should get a new blender but…yeah. No money for that right now. The entire aerospace industry is dead (that’s what the hubster does) (Did. Did I just say he does that? No, he used to do that.)
I’m in a mood, aren’t I? (For a frozen lemonade. Yes, Yes, Yes!)
Okeys. So all the stuff is ready to go, just plop it in the food processor and buzz away. It’s yummy. Well, it *was* yummy, because those didn’t last long. There’s a lot of past tense going on in this post, so let’s get it all past tense and get our butts in the kitchen and buzz up another. Stat.
Ice Cream Social
- July is #NationalIceCreamMonth, and we’re having an ice cream social! Grab a spoon and dig into all the awesome recipes we’re sharing today!
- Boston Cooler by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Books n’ Cooks
- Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream by Eat Move Make
- Marshmallow Creme Fresh Peach Pie Ice Cream by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Oreo Cookies and Cream Cups by Family Around the Table
- No Churn Caramel Coffee Crunch Ice Cream by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- S’mores Milk Shake by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Brown Bread Ice Cream by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- No Churn Dark Chocolate Raspberry Ice Cream by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Pineapple Dole Whip by Making Miracles
- Cape Codder Ice Cream Float by Our Crafty Cocktails
- No Churn Red Velvet Ice Cream by Our Crafty Mom
- Chocolate Keto Approved “Frosty” by Our Good Life
- Frosted Lemonade by Palatable Pastime (You are Here!)
- Butterbeer Ice Cream by Simply Inspired Meals
- Bourbon Peach Ice Cream by The Redhead Baker
- Healthy Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by The Spiffy Cookie
You Might Also Like:
- food processor or blender
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 6 tablespoons frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1 tablespoon half and half
- Place ingredients in a blender or food processor and mix until smooth and creamy.