By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
Celebration Nachos is my recipe of the day with an event for Festive Foodies. And we are sharing red white and blue recipes for the upcoming 4th of July Independence Day holiday.
I think this recipe is perfect to keep your guests out of your hair if the bbq is slow getting done.
Set up a slow cooker with the cheese and keep the chips handy with the pico in a bowl of ice. Your cookout guests will have a great time with it.
Or perhaps it’s just a small crowd. You can do up just a few small plates. Or even set it up for one if you are snacking solo.
However you choose to serve your nachos, enjoy the day. Whether or not you observe American Independence. You don’t need a reason to enjoy nachos. They are delicious anytime.
Red, White & Blue | July 4th Recipes
- All American Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dog with Patriotic Slaw by Our Good Life
- Celebration Nachos by Palatable Pastime
- Red, White & Blue Cheesecake Salad by Cheese Curd in Paradise
- Red, White, and Blue Strawberry Bites by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Patriotic Berry Trifle by Making Miracles
- Red, White, and Blue Blueberry Shortcakes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Red, White, and Blue Bundt Cake by House of Nash Eats
- Patriotic Charcuterie by Hostess at Heart
- Red, White, and Blue Marbled Layer Cake by Lemon Blossoms
- Red, White, and Blue Celebration Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Patriotic Rice Krispie Treats by Family Around the Table
- Red, White, & Blue Summer Salad by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Summer Berry Filled Cupcakes by Cookaholic Wife
You Might Also Like:
First, start your Independence Day with a splash of red white and blue.
Next, Footlong Coneys (Slow Cooker) comprise a delicious Coney sauce from your slow cooker on footlong hot dogs with cheese and onions.
Then Buffalo Chicken Tacos are crisp man-food tacos chock full of buffalo chicken for the Dad (or any taco lover) in your life.
Or Homemade Sno-Cones are the classic summertime shaved ice treats with syrups made from scratch, ready to serve up anytime.
Finally, forget toasting them on a campfire. We’ve got chocolate. And we have them waving a patriotic rainbow of red, white and blue for Independence Day.
Mexican Queso Dip
- 8 ounces Cabot Pepper-Jack cheese (shredded)
- 8 ounces white American cheese (shredded)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 10 fluid ounces whole milk
- 1/3 cup finely diced tomatoes
- 4 ounce can chopped green chillies
- Shred cheeses and set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and whisk in the flour to form a roux.
- Stir in garlic paste, green chillies, tomatoes, and milk, and continue stirring over low heat until sauce thickens.
- Remove pan from heat and gradually add cheeses, stirring constantly, allowing them to melt into the sauce. If the cheese doesn’t continue to melt, put back on the heat just to warm it enough to melt the cheese, but be careful not to boil, otherwise the sauce becomes grainy and stringy, and can seize up. Very low heat is the key here, using as little heat as you can.
- Serve sauce with chips or in other recipes.
- 12 ounces blue corn chips (warmed)
- 2 cups warmed Mexican queso dip (use my recipe above)
- 1-1/4 cups pico de gallo salsa (recipe below)
Pico de Gallo Salsa (yield 1-1/4 cups):
- 1 cup finely diced tomato
- 1 scallion (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced red Fresno peppers or red jalapeno peppers
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- For pico de gallo salsa, stir together ingredients in a small bowl.
- For each serving of nachos, warm 3 ounces blue corn chips and 1/2 cup queso dip.
- Drizzle cheese over chips then top with heaping quarter cup (5 tbsp) of salsa.
- Serve immediately.
- You can also set up a station with queso kept warm in a crockpot, and let party guests build their own nachos at the table.
Join my recipe group on Facebook for more recipes from blogger friends around the world!