By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
Pizza Muffins is my recipe of the day with the blogging group Muffin Monday. We post on the last Monday of the month with our best and latest recipes for muffins.
This month I am sharing my recipe for pizza muffins. It is my reworking of an old recipe I made for pepperoni muffins that in the end weren’t pizza enough.
I have jacked these so full of pizza deliciousness this time to make sure I didn’t miss. But sometimes, the best laid plans…
These particular muffins are my unlucky duckies. Nothing wrong with the recipe. It’s just that they had been scheduled to publish twice before and both times something came up and I had to postpone it. But you know, they say third time’s a charm, right?
And now they are charmingly cheesy, with just enough meat to keep my meat-eaters happy. I may try something later on with mushrooms, as I am getting to like making these little dainties packed with pizza.
It’s not exactly a romantic tea party tray item, but maybe with some iced tea. I do love drinking tea with lemon. And the hubs can just grab a beer.
- Dutch Apple Pie Muffins from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Maraschino Cherry Muffins from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Mini Peanut Butter Cup Muffins from Food Lust People Love
- Pizza Muffins from Palatable Pastime
- Small Batch Zucchini Blueberry Muffins from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Sourdough Cinnamon Buttermilk Muffins from Zesty South Indian Kitchen
- Vegan Jackfruit Muffins from Magical Ingredients
You Might Also Like:
First, these Pizza Bombs are the cheese topped pizza version of ordinary sausage balls, easily mixed, scooped and baked to perfection.
Next, Pizza Focaccia is a yeasty flat bread easily made into a sheet pan pizza bread for snacking or pizza night with a few extra toppings.
Then, Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza is easy to make at home with simple methods and ingredients instead of making a run for the border.
Also, I have Mini Pizza Bites which downsize a regular sized pizza into perfect party appetizer sized bites with tiny sausage, mini pepperoni, and cheese.
And finally Pizza Joes are the saucy and chock full of your favorite pizza toppings cousin to sloppy joe sandwiches and perfect for pizza night.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cooked pork sausage crumbles
- 4 ounces chopped sliced pepperoni
- 1 large egg (lightly beaten)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups jarred pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup extra shredded Mozzarella (for topping)
- 18 extra pepperoni slices (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Spray an 18-cavity nonstick muffin tin with nonstick spray or grease lightly.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the flour, Italian seasoning, oregano, garlic and onion powders, red pepper flakes, black pepper, baking powder and baking soda.
- Once that is mixed well, add the Mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, sausage crumbles and chopped pepperoni, tossing those to coat nicely with the flour mixture.
- In another small bowl, whisk the egg with the oil and pizza sauce.
- Combine the sauce with the flour mixture, mixing gently until it forms a batter.
- Divide batter among muffin tin cavities.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella topping over all and tuck in a pepperoni.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until done inside.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes, then turn out. Serve warm.
Join my recipe group on Facebook for more recipes from blogger friends around the world!