Easy to make without the bother of cooking beans from scratch. Goes great with pulled-pork sandwiches and bbq ribs! Be sure to make plenty for your next cookout, cause they’ll go fast!
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 “,pieces
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cook bacon in large skillet until fat is rendered and lightly brown, about 5 minutes.
Drain fat; save 2 tbsp. fat and cook onion, garlic, and ginger until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
Remove from heat.
Stir in beans, sugar, molasses, bbq sauce, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and vinegar.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Place bean mixture in an oven-proof baking dish or casserole; bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until thickened.
Alternatively, they can be cooked on a bbq grill, away from the flames or coals, approximately 30 minutes, or until thick.