Easy to make cherry cream cheese pie with a Morello cherry topping.
Cherry Cream Cheese Pie
By Sue Lau
Welcome back for more #DairyMonth recipes. Today I am offering my Cherry Cream Cheese Pie, which is *almost* no-bake (I like baking the crust for a few minutes to firm it up) and almost no-cook, (except I like making my filling from scratch).
If you use a premade crust and some canned cherry pie filling, this will come together in just a few minutes. But I did have some of the Dark sweet morello cherries from Trader Joe’s in the pantry, so I used those, since making that into a filling really only takes a few minutes.
And I know June is really huge for cherries- but considering you can get the cans and jars of cherries in syrup this will translate well to any season, not just early summer. And I like that, especially since Washington’s Birthday in February is a great time for this (heck anytime is a good time for this). And cherry desserts are the favorites of many people- it has been my favorite kind of pie since I was a kid, and was my brother Mike’s favorite kind of pie as well. I hope this one will be your new favorite!
Join me tomorrow as I finish up with #DairyMonth with an easy summer fruit smoothie recipe which is perfect for your breakfast, or any time you are craving fruit. Summer is my big fruit season and I always have plenty of it to eat.
Saturday I am hosting a little get-together with a few of my blogging friends as we explore Egyptian recipes for #EatLikeAnEgyptian in celebration of Eid-al-Fitr, one of their holidays. I really enjoy Middle Eastern food, and Egyptian cuisine is often overlooked, outside of the most popular things like hummus and falafel, etc. My recipe will be for Macaroni Bechamel, which is essentially exactly like the Greek Pastitsio, except with different seasonings, and in mine, I use ground lamb (although you could use beef if you insisted). It turned out fantastic so I am quite excited to share that with you.
Cherry Cream Cheese Pie
Allow 3-4 hours chilling time
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- *****Cherry Topping*****
- 24.7 ounce jar dark Morello cherries in light syrup
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- *****Cheese Filling*****
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- *****Whipped Topping*****
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix together the graham crumbs with the melted butter and press into a deep dish pie plate.
- Bake the pie crust for 7 minutes, then allow to cool.
- Drain the juice from the cherries, reserving one cup.
- Place the juice in a saucepan with the sugar, cornstarch and vanilla, whisking until smooth.
- Cook over low heat until mixture thickens, stirring constantly.
- Fold in the cherries and allow to cool.
- Stir together the softened cream cheese, vanilla and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Spread in the pie plate on top of the crust.
- Spread cherry topping over the cheese filling.
- Cover with plastic and refrigerate several hours or until firm.
- Whip the whipping cream and powdered sugar in an electric mixer fitted with a wire whip until soft peaks form.
- Place whipped cream in a piping bag and decorate cheese pie as shown in the photo or just serve with a dollop on top if you like (if you need to store leftovers that might be the better idea so the whipped cream doesn’t get smooshed).
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
Welcome to our week long celebration of June being #DairyMonth hosted by From Gate to Plate and Cooking With Carlee. We are excited to celebrate all things dairy. We are putting together our best recipes using cow milk, goat milk butter, cream and cheeses. We can’t wait to share them with you.
How to Make Homemade Cajeta by Cooking With Carlee
Grilled Three Cheese Sausage Pizza by From Gate to Plate
Cherry Cream Cheese Pie by Palatable Pastime
Marina’s Malted MilkShake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Berry Swirled Cheesecake Pudding Pops by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Coffee Bourbon Milk Punch by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Easy Chauracterue Platter by Crystal Cattle
Farmer’s Cheese With Fresh Herbs by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
A perfect quick and easy dessert.
Great pick for First Monday Favorites too, Sue.
This looks like a perfectly delicious pie to me!
This looks so good! And I love the cherry cream cheese combination.
I think I am one of the majority of people who love cherries. This pie is calling my name and I agree this pie would be perfect no matter what time of the year.
Cherry pie is one of my hands down faves. It’s delicious! Can’t wait to try this one.
Can I substitute canned sour cherries for the Morello cherries? If so, how many cans?
Thanks so much for stopping by and linking this to First Monday Favorites. YUM to the max.
That looks positively decadent and delicious, not to mentions picture perfect!
This is gorgeous. cherries are such a magnificent fruit