By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
Virgin Margarita is my recipe of the day. This is with the blogging group Sunday Funday. We blog weekly on various topics. And this week we are sharing recipes for mocktails. Or virgin nonalcoholic drinks.
I decided to share my recipe for a virgin margarita. Of course this uses an alternative to tequila which I found online. And it has a wonderful aroma and flavor which reminds of tequila.
As well, I use orange flavored syrup in lieu of triple sec liqueur. These are often used to flavor coffees or seltzer waters. By the same token, it is also alcohol free. But while it lacks alcohol, it does not lack flavor.
Alternative to Tequila
I have used an alternative to regular tequila liquor, And I’ve left a link to where you can get some for yourself. Of course, if you should choose to use it. There is no cost to look. I do get a small cut if you purchase it there.
Ritual adds some of the aroma and flavor you would get in a margarita, with zero alcohol. It has flavors of agave, guava, lime and sea salt.
If you are looking for something that tastes more accurate than a funky version of limeade, this would be it.
Mocktails and Nonalcoholic Drinks
- Amaretto Sour Mocktail by Food Lust People Love
- Baby Yoda Soda from Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Blackberry Virgin Mojito by Making Miracles
- Color-Changing Nam Dok Anchan (Butterfly Pea Flower Lemonade) from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Frozen Strawberry Margarita Mocktail by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Non Alcoholic Spiced Sangria by Sneha’s Recipe
- Virgin Margarita from Palatable Pastime
You Might Also Like:
First, Cantaloupe agua fresca is a refreshing summer cooler made of ripe melon with a hint of squeezed lime and light sweetness.
Next, fresh peach lemonade made from scratch using ripe fresh peaches adds an explosion of flavor to your traditional pitchers of summer lemonade.
Then, Senegalese Ginger Drink, a refreshing Western African cooler made with fresh ginger, makes a quick Vitamin C and ginger boosting tonic.
Or you might like Watermelon hibiscus cooler which combines pureed watermelon and agua jamaica in a refreshing drink that takes the edge off a summer day.
Finally, Iced Golden Ginger Drink is an easy at-home version of one of your favorite Starbucks beverages complete with healthy turmeric and ginger.
- cocktail shaker
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 & 1/2 Tablespoons caster sugar (superfine sugar)
- 1 & 1/2 ounces water
- 2 ounces Ritual Zero Proof Tequila Alternative
- 1/4 ounce orange flavored syrup (e.g. Torani, Monin or DaVinci)
- 1 to 1 & 1/2 cups crushed ice
- Coarse salt (optional - to rim glass)
- Lime wedge or slice (optional - garnish)
- Moisten the rim of the glass with a lime wedge, place salt in a shallow bowl, invert glass and dip into salt. Shake gently over sink to remove any loose salt.
- Combine the lime juice, sugar and water and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker.
- Add the lime juice mixture, tequila alternative and orange syrup.
- Shake well for 15-20 seconds until outside of shaker begins to frost up.
- Pour into serving glass, garnish as desired and serve.
Join my recipe group on Facebook for more recipes from blogger friends around the world!
For responsibility’s sake, should you switch to using tequila in this recipe, please drink responsibly. And be of legal age. Naughty children not wanted here.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links which offer sources for ingredients and equipment, if needed. Clicking on them doesn’t cost you anything but helps pay the electric bill and keep the blog lights on should you purchase anything during your visit! Thanks for your support.