Gingerbread Eggnog Latte
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
This week as part of a #SundaySupper event for eggnog, I am celebrating a Cool Yule with a nice Hot Drink.
I am so silly. Have I told you that despite having gone to Starbuck’s for years and years (and years!) and spending copious amounts of *Suebucks* that I had no freaking idea you could order something not on the menu? But recently I found out…
Then I had to set out on on a special scientific expedition (well, not really. I was going to the market anyway and they have a Starbuck’s inside)(I swore one time they would not stop building franchises until they had a Starbuck’s not only on your street, but every room in your home)(imagine that, ordering up a PSL whilst taking a shower…) Bwahahahahahhaaaa! (ehem) But I digress…
As I was saying before I so rudely interrupted myself with talk about coffee drinks in the powder room, I had to set out on expedition to find out about the elusive Starbuck’s Magical Creatures (and where to find them!)…I mean, the elusive Starbuck’s Gingerbread Eggnog Latte.
And I have a thing for making things that not only go with Starbuck’s drinks, like Cranberry Bliss bars, but also things that taste like their drinks (wait until you get a load of my Chestnut Praline Latte cookies posting this coming Friday)(It will be TGIF for certain!!!)
I drift from favorite to favorite and up until I discovered the gingerbread eggnog latte I was totally caffeine dependent upon regular doses of Chestnut Praline Lattes (you can forget about PSL’s baby!) You know, I actually recall a time in the distant prehistoric past when I could get by on a simple cap with extra foam or a real macchiato (doppio for me, dry, with very little milk). But perhaps we shouldn’t talk about how long ago that was, right? #shutmywrinkledmouth!
But this is my new favorite and after I lab engineered the syrup, I like mine better than theirs. Okay, it was not so much me being magical but the Lyle’s syrup. That stuff is like crack. Wait until you taste the fruitcake bars I made with that (posts Tuesday). As Dr. Grant from Jurassic Park said “You’ll never look at fruitcake the same way again!” He did actually say that, didn’t he? Don’t give me that crap that he was talking about birds. That’s a #chinesehoax.
But as they say- enough banter. Let’s get to the freaking recipe, shall we? To Oz? To Oz! And don’t forget to take a peek at the other eggnog recipes below. I’ll be back (channeling my Terminator there in a very Arnie accent) tomorrow with my recipe for Lemon Sprinkles cookies for a combined posting of 12 Days of #ChristmasCookies and the #FoodBloggerCookieExchange. Until then-
Gingerbread Eggnog Latte
Ingredients per Serving:
- 2 ounces prepared espresso
- 6 fluid ounces eggnog
- 3 fluid ounces milk
- 1 tablespoon Gingerbread syrup (see recipe below)
- whipped cream (optional topping)
- ground nutmeg (optional topping)
Gingerbread Syrup (makes 8 servings):
- 1/2 cup Lyle’s golden syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- pinch cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon molasses
- Stir together syrup ingredients and heat to a boil; allow mixture to cool. (Heating brings out more of the spice flavor). Makes 1/2 cup syrup.
- Pour espresso into cup.
- Mix with one tablespoon syrup (amount to taste).
- Stir together the eggnog and milk; steam using the steam wand on your espresso machine to 160°F.
- Pour steamed eggnog mix into the cup with the espesso and syrup.
- Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
Hosted by Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Caramel Bottom Eggnog Cheesecake by Bottom Left of Mitten
- Eggnog Bread Pudding with Warm Whiskey Sauce by The Crumby Cupcake
- Eggnog Macarons by Baking Sense
- Eggnog Macaroons by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Eggnog Pie by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Gingerbread Bars with Eggnog Frosting by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Layered Gingerbread Cake with Eggnog Frosting by The Freshman Cook
- Mini Eggnog Cheesecakes by Authentically Candace
- Coconut Milk Eggnog by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Eggnog Coffee Frappe by And She Cooks
- Gingerbread Eggnog Latte by Palatable Pastime
- Spiked Eggnog Hot White Cocoa by The Weekend Gourmet
- Traditional Homemade Eggnog by The Redhead Baker
Breakfast and Breakfast Pastries
- Baked Eggnog Donuts by Life Tastes Good
- Coconut Eggnog Overnight Oats (with homemade eggnog) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Cranberry Eggnog Scones by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Eggnog Pancakes with Cranberry Syrup by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Eggnog Scones by Feeding Big
- Craig Claiborne’s Eggnog Mousse by Food Lust People Love
- Eggnog Crème Anglaise by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Eggnog Panna Cotta with Cinnamon Whipped Cream by Tramplingrose
- Eggnog Pudding Parfaits by Pies and Plots
- Healthy Eggnog Rice Pudding by Cricket’s Confections
- Homemade Eggnog Ice Cream by Simple and Savory