By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
This post is sponsored on behalf of #FallFlavors. Our generous sponsors Dixie Crystals and Taylor & Colledge have provided me complimentary products for recipe creation. As always, all opinions are my own.
Oatmeal Scotchies is my recipe of the day with #FallFlavors week which winds up today. There have been different bunches of recipes each day so if you missed any days, go back and peek. We have a giveaway too so don’t forget to enter.
Brown sugar adds a tender chewy texture while the vanilla extract brings out flavor notes on all levels.
Dixie Crystals Sugar, Taylor & Colledge Extracts
These are the two sponsored products I used in making the cookies.
The scotchies have a wholesome goodness that is old-fashioned in nature. A perfect fall flavor, they can find their way into lunch pails as a room temp dessert or make a great after-school snack with a glass of cold milk.
I used both caramel and butterscotch chips to provide a complex flavor profile. And the amount is perfect for this batch of cookies. I don’t like cookies with skimpy amounts of chips. And I know already that everyone loves these! So do give them a try.
You Might Also Like:
Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chip Cookies are flavored with maple syrup and peanut butter morsels for a comforting twist on old-fashioned cookie jar treats.
Old Fashioned Date Squares are an easy to bake classic bar cookie with dates, oats and pecans, perfect for the lunch box.
Hermit Cookies are old-fashioned spice cookies with nuts and assorted dried fruit, like some grandmas used to make.
Moist spice cookies with applesauce, oats, raisins, apple bits, and walnuts.
Old Fashioned Walnut Raisin Cookies are chock full of nuts, raisins and warm autumn spice and are perfect for the season.
- parchment paper
- 1 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons Taylor and Colledge vanilla paste
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 11 ounces Nestle butterscotch morsels
- 10 ounces Ghiradelli caramel chips or morsels
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cream together the soft butter with both the brown and granulated sugars.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing until smooth, then stir in the vanilla paste.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and flour.
- Gradually add to the creamed mixture, then stir in the oats, mixing well.
- Fold in the flavored baking chips.
- Using a tablespoon cookie scoop, drop dough onto parchment lined cookie sheets about a dozen per sheet.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on cookie sheets five minutes, then finish cooling on a wire rack.
- Store cooled cookies in an airtight container.
Welcome back to #FallFlavors where more than 25 food bloggers are sharing recipes with favorite Fall flavors. Our sponsors are Millican Pecan, Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Nairn’s, and Republic of Tea. They have furnished participating bloggers with complimentary product to use in their recipe creations. Of course, we will be sharing these this week. Be sure to follow our Fall Flavors Pinterest account for more inspiration.
Flavors of Fall Bloggers & Recipes
- Apple Cider Milk Tea With Boba And Caramel Apple from Magical Ingredients
- Apple Cider Old Fashioned from Books n’ Cooks
Breakfast and Baked Goods
- Apple Cider Donut Muffins from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Pear and Apple Cider Scones from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Spiced Pumpkin Coffee Cake from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Balsamic Roasted Purple Brussels Sprouts W/ Grapes & Chestnuts from Savory Moments
- Cinnamon Sweet Potato Pumpkin Muffins from Blogghetti
- Fall Roasted Vegetable Medley from Family Around the Table
- Glazed Cippolini Onions With Rosemary from Life Love and Good Food
- Sweet Potato Latkes from Take Two Tapas
- Apple Cider Pulled Pork With Apple Slaw from Simple and Savory
- Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce from Jen around the world
- Apple Blondies from Eat Move Make
- Apple Turnover from Art of Natural Living
- Butterscotch Pie from Lemon Blossoms
- Gf Cinnamon Graham Cracker Cupcakes from Frugal & Fit
- No- Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake With Salted Caramel Glaze from West Via Midwest
- Oatmeal Scotchies from Palatable Pastime
- Pear Bundt Cake from The Fresh Cooky
- Pear Cobbler from Fresh April Flours
- Pecan Butter Cookies from An Affair from the Heart
- Pear Crisp Ice Cream from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Pecan Pie Bars from Devour Dinner
- Pumpkin Cupcakes from House of Nash Eats
- Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies from SueBee Homemaker
- Rosemary Pecan Shortbread With Honey-Ginger Icing from The Spiffy Cookie
- Sweet Tea Panna Cotta from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Turtle Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches from That Recipe
Follow all event recipes across social media using the hashtag #FallFlavors!
Finally, Thank you to our sponsors Millican Pecan Company, Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Republic of Tea, and Nairn’s for providing products.
Join my recipe group on Facebook for more recipes from blogger friends around the world!