By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
This post is sponsored on behalf of #FallFlavors. Our generous sponsors Dixie Crystals and Taylor & Colledge have provided me complimentary products for recipe creation and a giveaway for our readers. As always, all opinions are my own.
Oatmeal Scotchies is my recipe of the day with #FallFlavors week which winds up today. There have been different bunches of recipes each day so if you missed any days, go back and peek. We have a giveaway too so don’t forget to enter.
Brown sugar adds a tender chewy texture while the vanilla extract brings out flavor notes on all levels.
Dixie Crystals Sugar, Taylor & Colledge Extracts
These are the two sponsored products I used in making the cookies. You can get a chance on winning some of these if you enter the drawing!
The scotchies have a wholesome goodness that is old-fashioned in nature. A perfect fall flavor, they can find their way into lunch pails as a room temp dessert or make a great after-school snack with a glass of cold milk.
I used both caramel and butterscotch chips to provide a complex flavor profile. And the amount is perfect for this batch of cookies. I don’t like cookies with skimpy amounts of chips. And I know already that everyone loves these! So do give them a try.
You Might Also Like:
Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chip Cookies are flavored with maple syrup and peanut butter morsels for a comforting twist on old-fashioned cookie jar treats.
Old Fashioned Date Squares are an easy to bake classic bar cookie with dates, oats and pecans, perfect for the lunch box.
Hermit Cookies are old-fashioned spice cookies with nuts and assorted dried fruit, like some grandmas used to make.
Moist spice cookies with applesauce, oats, raisins, apple bits, and walnuts.
Old Fashioned Walnut Raisin Cookies are chock full of nuts, raisins and warm autumn spice and are perfect for the season.
- parchment paper
- 1 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons Taylor and Colledge vanilla paste
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 11 ounces Nestle butterscotch morsels
- 10 ounces Ghiradelli caramel chips or morsels
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cream together the soft butter with both the brown and granulated sugars.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing until smooth, then stir in the vanilla paste.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and flour.
- Gradually add to the creamed mixture, then stir in the oats, mixing well.
- Fold in the flavored baking chips.
- Using a tablespoon cookie scoop, drop dough onto parchment lined cookie sheets about a dozen per sheet.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on cookie sheets five minutes, then finish cooling on a wire rack.
- Store cooled cookies in an airtight container.
Welcome back to #FallFlavors where more than 25 food bloggers are sharing recipes with favorite Fall flavors. Our sponsors are Millican Pecan, Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Nairn’s, and Republic of Tea. They have furnished participating bloggers with complimentary product to use in their recipe creations. Of course, we will be sharing these this week. These same sponsors have generously offered prizes for our giveaway. So be sure to enter and share with your friends so they can enter too. Be sure to follow our Fall Flavors Pinterest account for more inspiration.
Prize 1: Texas Pecan Candy Basket from Millican Pecan
The Millican Pecan Texas Pecan Candy Basket is loaded with a variety of pecan gifts. Includes 6 Milk Chocolate Pecan Clusters, 6 Milk Chocolate Caramillicans (similar to Turtles), 6 White Chocolate Caramillicans, 6 Pecan Pralines. And a 1/2 lb. Bag of Flavored Pecans! Every bit DELICIOUS! A $75 value.
Prize 2: Williams Sonoma Cleartouch Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set from Dixie Crystals
Perfect for the occasional baker, our entry-level collection features a sturdy nonstick silicone coating at a great value. Aluminized steel, the material of choice for professional bakers, provides excellent heat transfer for even baking. So food turns out beautifully and releases easily, every time. 6-Piece Set includes: Half-sheet pan, 12-cup muffin pan, round cake pan, square cake pan, rectangular cake pan, loaf pan. The prize has an $80 value.
Prize 3: 3 Month Melissa’s Produce Gift Subscription
A stunning selection of the most delicious produce will be delivered once a month for 3 months. At Melissa’s, the produce is selected at their peak of perfection. And packed by hand to ensure safe arrival. The prize has a $124 value.
Prize 4: A Red Dancing Leaves Teapot and a tin of Hot Apple Cider Tea from The Republic of Tea
Let the aroma of fresh apple and mulled cider spices envelop you as you sip this golden infusion. The crisp, lingering finish will leave you wanting more! A naturally-caffeine free blend of apples, cinnamon cloves and ginger. Reminiscent of apple cider, with the luscious aroma of cinnamon and cloves. And it makes this cup the perfect accompaniment to the colors of the harvest season.
Embossed, windswept leaves whirl across this 20 oz. ceramic teapot. Includes a stainless steel infuser. An exclusive design by The Republic of Tea. The prize has a $44 value.
Prize 5: A selection of six flavors of Oat Crackers from Nairn’s
As well, one winner will receive a box of each Nairn’s Original, Chocolate Chip, Stem Ginger Oat Grahams, Caramelized Onions, Rosemary & Sea Salt Flatbreads, and Oat Cracker. Nairn’s has been baking oats since 1896. They use simple, natural, and wholesome ingredients in their products. The prize has Minimum $25 value.
Prize 6: A Selection of extracts from Taylor and Colledge.
By the way, one winner will receive a selection of extracts. These include vanilla bean, almond, lemon, and lavender. Taylor & Colledge won its first award for excellence in vanilla i 1897. Taylor & Colledge has had commitment for unsurpassed quality since that time. And has earned its reputation as one of the world’s finest producers of vanilla. Minimum of $25 value
Enter to Win Here:
Flavors of Fall Bloggers & Recipes
- Apple Cider Milk Tea With Boba And Caramel Apple from Magical Ingredients
- Apple Cider Old Fashioned from Books n’ Cooks
Breakfast and Baked Goods
- Apple Cider Donut Muffins from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Pear and Apple Cider Scones from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Spiced Pumpkin Coffee Cake from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Balsamic Roasted Purple Brussels Sprouts W/ Grapes & Chestnuts from Savory Moments
- Cinnamon Sweet Potato Pumpkin Muffins from Blogghetti
- Fall Roasted Vegetable Medley from Family Around the Table
- Glazed Cippolini Onions With Rosemary from Life Love and Good Food
- Sweet Potato Latkes from Take Two Tapas
- Apple Cider Pulled Pork With Apple Slaw from Simple and Savory
- Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce from Jen around the world
- Apple Blondies from Eat Move Make
- Apple Turnover from Art of Natural Living
- Butterscotch Pie from Lemon Blossoms
- Gf Cinnamon Graham Cracker Cupcakes from Frugal & Fit
- No- Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake With Salted Caramel Glaze from West Via Midwest
- Oatmeal Scotchies from Palatable Pastime
- Pear Bundt Cake from The Fresh Cooky
- Pear Cobbler from Fresh April Flours
- Pecan Butter Cookies from An Affair from the Heart
- Pear Crisp Ice Cream from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Pecan Pie Bars from Devour Dinner
- Pumpkin Cupcakes from House of Nash Eats
- Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies from SueBee Homemaker
- Rosemary Pecan Shortbread With Honey-Ginger Icing from The Spiffy Cookie
- Sweet Tea Panna Cotta from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Turtle Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches from That Recipe
Follow all event recipes across social media using the hashtag #FallFlavors!
Prize Info & Disclaimer:
Six (6) winners will be randomly selected. And the prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment.
Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email. Or they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen.
The #FallFlavors bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway.
Entries will be verified. And no purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter giveaway and the contest is open only to US residents.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #FallFlavors posts or entries.
Finally, Thank you to our sponsors Millican Pecan Company, Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Republic of Tea, and Nairn’s for providing prizes.
Join my recipe group on Facebook for more recipes from blogger friends around the world!