By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
Jungle Bird is meant for adults of legal drinking age only. Please drink responsibly.
My recipe of the day with the blogging group From Our Dinner Table is the Jungle Bird, a Malaysian tiki drink with rum, Campari, pineapple juice and lime.
Rum drinks are a lot of fun in the warm summer months. My hubs collects tiki mugs. And we make these type of boat drinks often.
The glass in the photo is one I love for margaritas though. I wanted something to show off the drink color. Opaque ceramic mugs don’t help there. But no matter what glass you put your drink it, it’s delicious.
From Our Dinner Table
- Bananas Foster Pancakes from The Spiffy Cookie
- Jungle Bird from Palatable Pastime
- Mojitos from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Peachy Colada from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Rum Raisin Bread from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Rumtopf from That Recipe
- Strawberry Daiquiri from Art of Natural Living
You Might Also Like:
The dead have put the squeeze on exotic passion fruit to make their favorite undead drink: the passion fruit zombie.
Pour your libations to the Gods of Summer this labor day with a feisty red wine cooler.
Classic cocktail with the crisp flavors of Fall.
Fruity take-off from the traditional Don the Beachcomber Mai Tai.
The classic tequila sunrise cocktail gets a desert twist with the addition of prickly pear syrup instead of the usual grenadine.
- 3/4 ounce Campari
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce sugar syrup
- 4 ounces unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1-1/2 ounces dark Jamaican rum
- Shake all ingredients with plenty of crushed ice or ice cubes.
- Pour into a double old-fashioned glass or Tiki mug.
- Garnish with an orchid or other tropical-looking flower and a cocktail cherry speared to a lemon and/or orange wedge if desired.
Join my recipe group on Facebook for more recipes from blogger friends around the world!