A Persian version of tossed salad. It’s a bit like Greek salad but it has its own character- much more herbal, and definitely lemony instead of vinegary.
I made this salad as part of an Iranian dinner I was making, which included basmati chelou (rice) and Persian Grilled Lamb Chops.
- 4 cups chopped lettuce (romaine, leaf lettuce, etc.)
- 1/2 cup shredded or chopped radicchio or red cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 6 radishes, trimmed and chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (I used marinated feta)
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives (I used marinated ones)
- 1/4 cup toasted pistachios
- 2 tbsp. sliced almonds
- 2 tbsp. dried sweetened pomegranate arils or fresh arils
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. sumac
- Pinch sugar (optional- I don’t)
Toss together salad ingredients.