Ginger-Citrus Grilled Salmon employs a tasty Asian-style marinade in a quick, easy and healthy seafood favorite.
Ginger-Citrus Grilled Salmon
by Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
It’s Sunday again and time to gather around the table for family friendly foods. And this week’s theme is Asian inspired recipes.
I am always happy to make Asian foods because as a cuisine, it is one of my favorites. And of the favorites, I enjoy easy grilling recipes while the weather is still warm, especially fish and seafood.
This fish recipe has a simple marinade that uses ponzu sauce, which is a type of soy sauce with citrus flavors added. It is very popular in Japanese cuisine and serves as a great flavor base in any marinade for fish or shellfish.
The fish does not have along marinade time and is limited to thirty minutes- which is all it needs as the flavors of fish are quite delicate, and the acids in citrus will only “cook” the fish the way it does with Mexican ceviche if left in the marinade for longer periods of time.
You could also broil this in the oven, but I do like the tiny bit of smokiness that grilling imparts.
It is quite simple and healthy- I served this with a basic vegetable fried rice and some marinated vegetables. You could also serve this with a miso-dressed salad for a very rounded meal (I have a recipe for that on my companion blog)
Salad with Ginger-Miso Dressing
As you can see below, we have put together a really big haul of mouth watering selections to tempt everyone in your crowd. Be sure to check out all the other bloggers and pin those recipes you like to save for later.
Asian Inspired Recipes
Special thanks to Amy of kimchi MOM for graciously hosting this event and working so hard to make sure all the I’s are dotted and T’s are crossed. It’s a big group and a ton of work to keep all together! Thanks so much.
- Lumpia, Baked Filipino Eggroll by Food Done Light
- Crab Ragoon by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Fried Rice by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Homemade Sushi by The Freshman Cook
- Shrimp Rangoon Egg Rolls with Honey-Soy Dipping Sauce by The Weekend Gourmet
- Venison Satay with Spicy Peanut Sauce by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Asam Laksa by Caroline’s Cooking
- Bacon Miso Ramen by The Crumby Cupcake
- Bok Choy Gai See Tong (Bok Choy and Shredded Chicken Soup) by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pork Prawn Wonton Soup by Food Lust People Love
- Banh Mi Hot Dog by Life Tastes Good
- Beef Lo Mein by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cheese Korokke by Manu’s Menu
- Chicken Zoodle “Lo Mein” by Casa de Crews
- Easy Chow Mein by Momma’s Meals
- Ginger-Citrus Grilled Salmon by Palatable Pastime
- Grilled Tandoori Chicken by Cooking Chat
- Hoisin Burgers with Peanut Slaw by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Ojingeo Bokkeum (Korean Spicy Stir-fried Squid) by kimchi MOM
- Oven Simmered Asian BBQ Chicken by What Smells So Good?
- Pad Thai by Curious Cuisiniere
- Seven Flavor Precious Chicken by Nosh My Way
- Sri Lankan Vegetable Curry by Panning The Globe
- Thai Chicken by Feeding Big
- Vietnamese Flank Steak by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
On the Lighter Side
- Copy Cat: CPK Thai Salad by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Crispy Asian Noodle Salad by Ruffles & Truffles
- Nam Sod (Thai Pork Salad) by Magnolia Days
- Soba Noodle Salad by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Best Wines To Pair with Asian Cuisine by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Ginger-Citrus Grilled Salmon
Marinate: 30 minutes
Cook: 16 minutes
- 1 pound salmon fillets
- 1-2 scallions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime ponzu sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Whisk together marinade ingredients and pour over fish; allow to marinate for thirty minutes.
- Drain marinade and reserve.
- Place reserved marinade into a small saucepan and reduce to a syrupy consistency over low heat, stirring contantly (it should coat the back of a teaspoon when ready).
- Grill salmon over hot coals 3-4 minutes per side, or done as you like.
- Serve salmon drizzled with sauce reduction and garnished with sliced scallions.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
Join my recipe group on Facebook for more recipes from blogger friends around the world!
You might also like:
Easy Lemon -Parmesan Baked Salmon
Sweet and Spicy Jalapeno Glazed Salmon
Yum – looks so healthy and tasty, and I love the companion salad with ginger-miso dressing!
I love salmon, and the Asian flair with ginger and citrus is something I have never made before. I need this dish in my life!
Mmmm….I love about anything salmon ever since living in Alaska!
What a great flavor combo for salmon!
We love to grill salmon as much as possible in the summer. Your marinade sounds perfect!
This salmon looks and sounds delicious, I’ll definitely have to give it a try next time my mom comes to visit.
I hope she likes it as much as I do!
I love ponzu with salmon. It’s what I ask for when I order salmon sashimi because it goes with it so nicely. Great way to use it for the marinade.
This leaves me with my mouth watering. I love new salmon recipes.
This is definitely up my moms alley, she loves salmon
I hope she tries it and enjoys.