Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter Cookies
by Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
With the cooling weather just now upon us, I am always compelled by certain fall flavors which I like to have. My baking switch also gets turned on, and remains stuck in that position until the end of December.
Just today I went to a harvest apple festival, visited an apple orchard and shopped for antiques. You might think that antiques don’t fit in there very well, but Autumn for me is a time of reminiscing of years past, growing up as a child with new school years, and over time to the school years of my own child.
I always like cooking with things with apples, nuts, cranberries, pumpkin, squash, wild rice….the list goes on! Peanut butter may not always be welcome at schools anymore due to allergy risks of other children, but we can still enjoy at home.
These cookies make a small batch so will disappear quickly and you can be on to the next thing on your list. Perhaps a homemade PSL (Pumpkin Spice Latte)? How will you take yours? I like mine Grande, triple shot, half syrup, full milk. It’s my definition of it. Paired with a few of these nutty cookies and I am all set.
So onward and upward to baking, shall we? And don’t forget to check out the other Fall Flavor recipes this week from Sunday Supper.
Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter Cookies
- 4 tablespoons soft unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice (click for recipe)
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix butter with granulated sugar until smooth.
- Stir in the pumpkin puree, peanut butter, and pumpkin spice until well mixed.
- Stir in egg until incorporated.
- Add flour, stirring in, until mixture forms a thick smooth dough.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls or by cookie scoop onto a cookie sheet.
- Dip a fork into sugar then press cookies flat in a criss-cross fashion.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly browned around edges.
- Cool on pan 1 minute, then finish cooling on a wire rack.
Yield: 26 cookies
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
As part of the Sunday Supper Movement, I and a host of other food bloggers are pleased to present to you some of our favorite recipes with Fall and Autumn flavors to enjoy with family and friends with this cool change of seasons.
Check out A Guide to Apples plus Best Fall Recipes Ideas for #SundaySupper and this week’s recipe collection:
- Apple-Currant Dutch Baby Pancake by The Weekend Gourmet
- Apple Swirled Pumpkin Yeast Bread by What Smells So Good?
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread by Party Food and Entertaining
- Giant Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop Tart by Pies and Plots
- Sweet Potato Buttermilk Biscuits by Tara’s Multicultural Table
Appetizers and Sides
- Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins by Pancake Warriors
- Pumpkin Spice Roasted Sweet Potatoes by Love and Confections
- Roasted Veggie Tart by Books n’ Cooks
- Acorn Squash Stuffed with Roasted Veggies & Couscous by Momma’s Meals
- Butternut Squash Lentil Curry Soup by Food Done Light
- Curry Beef Pies by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Fantasy Rice by The Petit Gourmet
- King Prawns in Red Sauce – Mauritian Style Creole Sauce by Peachy Tales
- Pasta with Creamy Butternut & Bacon by Cooking Chat
- Pork Chops with Apple Dijon Sauce and Arugula Salad by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Pork Chops with Glazed Apples and Vegetables by The Complete Savorist
- Quinoa and Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash by Feeding Big and More
- Roasted Tomato Soup with Bacon/Tomato Grilled Cheese Sandwich by A Gouda Life
- Salt Roasted Salmon over Roasted Butternut & Yam Soup by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken, Delicata Squash and Olives by Foodie Tots
- Sweet Potato French Bean Lentil Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Sweet Potato Alfredo Sauce by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Thai Curry Pumpkin Soup by Eating in Instead
- Whole Roasted Chicken with Vegetables by Life Tastes Good
Desserts and Cocktails
- Apfelkuchen by Curious Cuisiniere
- Applesauce Cake with Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Swirls by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Apple Gingersnap Refrigerator Dessert by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Autumn Bellini by An Appealing Plan
- Autumn Spice Cookies by Desserts Required
- Caramel Apple Napoleons by The Crumby Cupcake
- Caramel Apple Pie Bundles by The Freshman Cook
- Caramel Apple Streusel Muffins by The Redhead Baker
- Caramel Apple Swirl Cheesecake No-Churn Ice Cream by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cheesecake Swirl Pumpkin Muffins by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Chestnut and Pear Cupcakes with Caramel Buttercream by Caroline’s Cooking
- Dark Chocolate-Espresso Pumpkin Tiramisu by Brunch with Joy
- Dutch Apple Pie by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pumpkin Cheesecake with Butterscotch Drizzle by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Pumpkin Chocolate Bread Pudding with Salted Caramel Sauce by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Pumpkin Crisp by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Pumpkin Pecan Bundt Cake by Flour On My Face
- Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Roasted Maple Pears by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Spiced Pear Cake by Simply Healthy Family
- Spiced Pumpkin Bread by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Sweet Apple Skillet Cake by Nosh My Way
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
You might also like: