By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
St. Patrick’s Day is all about the Leprechaun Bait here, since we might need to lure him in for a bit of extra luck. And perhaps he won’t be as worried that we are always after his lucky charms if we leave a bowl of that out for him…or any of his other childlike accomplices roaming about the house.
And kids can help make this too! As a tasty bit of snacking or dessert, it is quite easy to put together, something akin to a trail mix. With extra candy for sparkle. If you have trouble finding some of the green/white candies, check the Party Store- they seem to have a lot of that since they stock for weddings and have candies in all colors including those chocolate coins. I think I got the bowl there too. Wilton supplies can generally be had from Michael’s crafts.
Make sure to check out the linkup for St. Patrick’s Day recipes at the bottom of the post, following the recipe. There are a bunch.
- 5 cups Lucky Charms cereal
- 1 cup dried mini cereal marshmallows
- 1 cup white M&M’s or Sixlets candy
- 1 cup green M&M’s or Sixlets candy
- 5 ounces “White Fudge” Flipz chocolate covered pretzels
- 8 ounces Simple Truth white yogurt raisins
- 1 cup assorted roasted nuts
- 1/2 cup rainbow or green colored sprinkles, plus white nonpareils, mixed
- 10 ounces Wilton white cookie icing
- assorted wrapped St. Patrick’s Day candies (optional; I liked the look)
- Mix all ingredients except the sprinkles, icing, and wrapped candies and spread on baking sheets in a single layer.
- Warm cookie icing as package directs, then drizzle over snack mix.
- Scatter sprinkles and nonpareils over mixture and stir gently.
- Allow mixture to dry (about 45 minutes).
- Add wrapped candies to mixture once it is dry, if using. Don’t add while it is wet or you’ll get icing stuck to it.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
St. Patrick’s Day Recipes
Bailey’s Irish Cream Mini Cheesecake Bites from Daily Dish Recipes
Beef and Guinness Pie from Everyday Eileen
Chocolate Guinness Cake from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Chocolate Irish Cream Truffles from The Freshman Cook
Celtic Knot Rolls from Cooking With Carlee
Colcannon from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Colcannon with Kale from Simple and Savory
Corned Beef and Cabbage from Tip Garden
Corned Beef Sliders with Horseradish Sauce from New South Charm
Double Chocolate Fudge for St. Patrick’s Day from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Fisherman’s Pie from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Instant Pot and Slow Cooker Dublin Coddle from All That’s Jas
Irish Cheddar & Dried Cherry Soda Bread from Faith, Hope, Love & Luck
Irish Potato Leek Soup from House of Nash Eats
Irish Pub Salad from Cookaholic Wife
Irish Soda Bread Muffins from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Irish Soda Bread Scones from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
Leprechaun Bait from Palatable Pastime
Pretzel Shamrocks from Family Around the Table
St. Patrick’s Day Lucky Chow from Soulfully Made