Vodka Paloma #RSC
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
Ready, Set, Cook! We are challenging each other in one of my favorite cooking groups, to create recipes using a restricted ingredients list (and nothing that is not on the ingredients list) and then have a face-off of recipes among friends. Sound like fun? It is!
We’ve been playing since our mob was encapsulated inside the community at the old Recipezaar. After the forums there went *kaput* we found new digs elsewhere.
All right Sparky, here’s the deal!
Divided into three rounds. May submit up to one recipe per category.
Must use at least one thing from the mains list, and as many from the pantry list, but nothing else.
Round 1 – Categories:
Round 1 – Main Ingredients List:
Fresh – Citrus fruits/limes/oranges/grapefruit/tamarind
Cheese/ Gruyere, cream cheese, goat cheese, cheddar
Round 1 – Pantry List:
Elbow macaroni/bow-tie pasta
Orange bell pepper
Jarred roasted red bell peppers
Tropical fruit juice
Tea bags/ lose leaf
Ground Spices/ cinnamon/cardamom/nutmeg/allspice/cloves/ginger/star anise
You know I will be doing all four categories. And so for my Beverages recipe we have Vodka Paloma. Enjoy!
- 2 fluid ounces freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice
- 2 fluid ounces strawberry flavored vodka
- 1/2 fluid ounce fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Caster sugar or superfine sugar
- 4 fluid ounces club soda
- crushed ice
- fresh lime wedge
- Place grapefruit juice, vodka, lime juice and sugar in cocktail shaker with crushed ice (about 1 cup ice).
- Shake vigorously and pour into cocktail glass; top up with club soda.
- Garnish with fresh lime or grapefruit wedge.
From the bar of palatablepastime.com