Curried Chicken Lollipops #RSC
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
Ready, Set, Cook! We are challenging each other in one of my favorite cooking groups, to create recipes using a restricted ingredients list (and nothing that is not on the ingredients list) and then have a face-off of recipes among friends. Sound like fun? It is!
We’ve been playing since our mob was encapsulated inside the community at the old Recipezaar. After the forums there went *kaput* we found new digs elsewhere.
All right Sparky, here’s the deal!
Divided into three rounds. May submit up to one recipe per category.
Must use at least one thing from the mains list, and as many from the pantry list, but nothing else.
Round 1 – Categories:
Round 1 – Main Ingredients List:
Fresh – Citrus fruits/limes/oranges/grapefruit/tamarind
Cheese/ Gruyere, cream cheese, goat cheese, cheddar
Round 1 – Pantry List:
Elbow macaroni/bow-tie pasta
Orange bell pepper
Jarred roasted red bell peppers
Tropical fruit juice
Tea bags/ lose leaf
Ground Spices/ cinnamon/cardamom/nutmeg/allspice/cloves/ginger/star anise
You know I will be doing all four categories. And so for my Appetizer recipe we have Curried Chicken Lollipops. Enjoy!
Curried Chicken Lollipops
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast
- 3 ounces (Butter and Garlic flavored) croutons, crushed into crumbs (abt. 1 cup crumbs)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 12 small wooden skewers (optional)
- olive oil (as needed)
- 1/2 cup Indian chutney (preferred types: green chilli, coriander, tamarind, tomato, coconut etc.)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut chicken breast into twelve chunks.
- Stir together the mayonnaise, curry powder, salt and black pepper in a bowl.
- Add the chicken chunks and stir to coat.
- Push skewer into the end of the chicken piece, then roll in crumbs.
- Place lollipops on a nonstick baking sheet (I lined mine with nonstick foil).
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes; turn pops over, drizzle again with a tiny bit of oil, and bake 15 minutes more until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with your choice of chutney as a dip.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com