Nutella S’Mores Bars
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
This month for #BakingBloggers the group is posting recipes for Brownies and Bars. Perfect for packing into school lunch boxes with the advent of the dreaded (for kids, that is) return of the school year. Perhaps a few delicious treats will take their minds off their pain?
This particular recipe, if you have been following that I am on a diet, is definitely NOT part of my diet. Sorry.
I had made this some months back, and tucked it away, thinking I might post it last Friday, which was National S’Mores Day. As it turns out I ended up posting with the #FarmersMarketWeek group instead, so the post ended up being extra. And on top of that, I needed a brownie/bar post so tucked it in here. Gives me a little breathing room with the diet because although I had something I could have made that would be sugar free or reduced carb, I also have been working on some other baked recipes, so have been dodging the bullets of excess carbs like a duck in a shooting gallery. You’ll see the fruits of those labors later this week when I post recipes for Low Carb Cinnamon Raisin Biscuits (think Hardees!) for #BreadBakers and a Reduced Carb Apple Pecan Spice Cake (snacking Bundt) for #BundtBakers. I call that last one a “snacking Bundt” because like the snacking cakes of old, it lacks a frosting this time, being almost like a nut bread in a cake pan.
These bars were so good. It was pretty much torture having to look at the photos and edit them into the right sizes for the blog, remembering in close-up detail how very scrumptious they were. So I know you guys are going to love them
Don’t forget to scroll down past the printout to see the linkup for the group event and the rest of the recipes. Lots of good ones this month! And I will see you tomorrow with that biscuit recipe. You’re going to love it too.
Nutella S'Mores Bars
- 9 ounce box Jiffy yellow cake mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup nutella spread
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 2 (1.55 ounces each) Hershey’s chocolate bars, sectioned
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with foil and spray liberally with nonstick spray.
- Mix together the Jiffy mix, egg, melted butter, water and graham cracker crumbs until smooth, reserving one tablespoon of the cracker crumbs to sprinkle on top later.
- Press half of the batter into the lined pan; bake for 14 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then spread the top of the cake base with the nutella spread.
- Dallop with the remaining batter, then sprinkle with the extra crumbs and press the mini marshmallows into the batter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Press chocolate pieces into the top of the bars while they are still warm.
- Allow to cool in pan before slicing into squares.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
Brownies & Bars
- Chocolate Brownie Cake by Sneha’s Recipe
- Chocolate Butterscotch Caramel Pecan Bars by Kelli’s Kitchen
- Cream Cheese Brownies starting with a Box Mix by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Dark Magic Brownies by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Easy Salted Caramel Brownies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Egg-Less, Butter-Less, Chocolate Ragi Brownie by Cook with Renu
- Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars by Food Lust People Love
- Milk Chocolate Sour Cream Cake Brownies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- No Bake Reese’s Bars by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Nutella S’Mores Bars by Palatable Pastime
- Oreo Cheesecake Brownie Bars by Cookaholic Wife
- Peppermint Patty Brownie Bites by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Pineapple Bars by Simply Inspired Meals
- Triangle Delight Bars by Sid’s Sea Palm Cooking