Pumpkin Chip Cookies
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
Welcome to another day of #PumpkinWeek and this time it is being paired with #FilltheCookieJar as both things are going on at the same time, and both have to do with pumpkin.
These are great for any lunchbox or after school treat.
Join me tomorrow when I share my recipe for Thai Pumpkin Curry- using a red curry paste and also has tofu added- not that I think it is vegetarian, as it uses fish sauce, but if you needed, you could opt for soy sauce instead.
Sorry if I keep this short as I am yet again feeling under the weather- I think I’ll go make myself a cup of tea and see if there are any of these cookies left. They certainly did go fast!
Pumpkin Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 8 ounces Pumpkin Spice M&M candies
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix together butter and sugars until light and smooth.
- Add eggs, vanilla and pumpkin puree, mixing well.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves until a dough forms.
- Fold in pecans and pumpkin candies.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a parchment paper lined or silpat lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on cookie sheets a couple minutes, then finish cooling on a wire rack.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
Here are today’s #PumpkinWeek recipes:
Savory Pumpkin Recipes:
Pumpkin Farrotto from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Pumpkin Quesadilla from Making Miracles
Sweet Pumpkin Recipes:
Pumpkin Cheesecake Truffles from The Crumby Kitchen
Pumpkin Chip Cookies from Palatable Pastime
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls from They Nifty Foodie
Pumpkin Coffee Cake from The Chef Next Door
Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting from Daily Dish Recipes
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Danish from It Bakes Me Happy
Pumpkin Cream Puffs from The Redhead Baker
Pumpkin Creme Brulee from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Pumpkin Snack Cake from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Pumpkin Struesel Bar from Cookaholic Wife
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter from Mildly Meandering
Spiced Pumpkin Mini Cakes with Mulled Cranberries & Brandy Brown Butter Glaze from Bacon Fatte
Fill the Cookie Jar
October: Pumpkin Cookies
- Pumpkin Chip Cookies from Palatable Pastime
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars with Ginger Snap Crust by That Recipe
- Pumpkin Pie Tassies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chai Pumpkin Spice Cookies from Marly’s This and That
- Pumpkin Streusel Bars From Cookaholic Wife