Cranberry Kit-Kat Cookies are full of Kit-Kat crunch, cranberries, white chocolate morsels, and frosted with a white chocolate ganache adorned with festive sprinkles.
Cranberry Kit-Kat Cookies
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
This post is sponsored in conjunction with Christmas Cookies Week. I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the Christmas Cookies Week recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Welcome back to Christmas Cookies Week! My recipe of the day is for Cranberry Kit-Kat Cookies with white chocolate chips and a white chocolate ganache frosting, adorned with gorgeous sprinkles from today’s sponsor: Sprinkle Pop. I’ve worked with them for Choctoberfest if you recall and did the Wizard Wands which were a huge hit at my house. We all go a little nutty for Harry Potter here and even have a gargoyle out front we named Mr. Gryffindor. Who, by the way, has been pouting (or appears to have some sort of smirky scowl) since we wouldn’t feed him the wizard wands, but munched those all ourselves.
And I hate to say it, but the little blighter won’t be getting any of these either. They are just too good to share! We’ll just have to watch our feet when we stroll past him taking care he doesn’t bite our ankles.
I told ya’ we were nutty.
And while most cookies like this rely on nuts- well, I got the idea to add some crunch with chopped up Kit-Kats to see how that went. They were already white chocolate coated so more of that including ganache wasn’t much of a stretch. And I like the ganache better than most frosting anyway, because…chocolate. Or at least white chocolate in this case.
And aren’t those sprinkles drop-dead gorgeous?
Snowflakes, and stars, and candy canes and snowmen, oh my! Much much better than Lions and Tigers and Bears.
Just don’t ask Mr. Griffindor- he’s kinda’ partial to lions and he has my cats in cahoots with him on that.
The cats won’t be getting any cookies either. *snort* Although we do call their crunchy treats cookies and Sophia, my kitty-girl, if she catches me with a cookie knows she gets crunchy treats in her favor. And she will not be denied. Or God help me in the middle of the night….
I have to say these kind of cookies are some of my favorites- if you know me, I like most cookies with raisins. When I was small, I loved the Hermits, and later, Oatmeal cookies, but some years back when these dried cranberries starting coming out, they were the bomb. I still get a little light headed with ecstasy nibbling on a Cranberry Bliss Bar– don’t you? Any reason to whip up a cappuccino or latte to go with seems legit, and those bars are very legit.
I can’t tell you how much money I’ve saved instead of buying those from Starbucks–not because it’s that much, but they put these places in the grocery stores for me to sip & shop. So no, I still owe them most of my wallet. Have you tried that Gingerbread Eggnog latte I made that is like one of their off-menu specials? I made the gingerbread syrup from scratch. You want that recipe if nothing else.
Am I making you fat just telling you about all these delicious things? Everything in moderation, my friends…and get thee to the gym posthaste. With a cookie or three in hand, because you do have to live.
I’ll be back tomorrow with my Palmiers recipe unless the world comes to an end. I shouldn’t jinx myself, because it has happened before. It’s a busy week all the way through, with more cookies on Thursday. Stay tuned!
Here’s a nice list of cookie recipes for you to browse an make your selections for this year’s baking season. Be sure to remember to pin your favorites and of course, there will be even more recipes listed each day!
- Authentic Italian Pizzelles by House of Nash Eats
- Chocolate Cherry Totos by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Chocolate Dipped Fluffernutter Cookies by Cooking With Carlee
- Christmas Tree Whoopie Pies by The Freshman Cook
- Cranberry Kit-Kat Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Delicious Cookies by Corn, Beans, Pigs & Kids
- Gingernuts by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Havreflarn Norwegian Oatmeal Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Honey Sugar Cookies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Iced Cutout Cookies by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Peppermint Snowball Cookies by Family Around the Table
- Soft Gingerbread Cut Out Cookies by Daily Dish Recipes
- The Best Soft Sugar Cookies by The Saucy Fig
- White Christmas Kiss Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- White Christmas Peppermint Holiday Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
You Might Also Like:
Click to find the Giveaway
Disclaimer: Thank you #ChristmasCookiesWeek sponsors: Adams Extract, Sprinkle Pop, YumGoggle and Silpat for providing the prizes free of charge. The #ChristmasCookiesWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Four (4) winners will be selected at random from entries received. The prize packages will be fulfilled by and sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. #ChristmasCookiesWeek bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household are not eligible to enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #ChristmasCookiesWeek posts or entry.
Cranberry Kit-Kat Cookies
Yield: 4 Dozen Cookies
- 3/4 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup dried sweetened cranberries (craisins)
- 8 ounces Kit-Kat white chocolate minis, chopped
- 1/2 cup white chocolate baking morsels
- 2 tablespoons multicolor nonpareils
- 4 ounces Sprinkle Pop Bespoke Sprinkle Mix, in holiday colors
White Chocolate Ganache
- 1-1/2 cups white chocolate baking morsels
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat together the butter and sugars until smooth.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix again briefly.
- Stir together the flour, salt and baking soda and add to the mixer gradually to form a dough.
- Turn off the mixer and fold in the chopped Kit-Kats, 1/2 cup white morsels, cranberries and the 2 tablespoons of nonpareils with a spatula (save the Sprinkle Pop decor for finishing the cookies).
- Drop by tablespoons onto a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 12-14 minutes, then cool cookies on a wire rack.
- Finish the other cookies before starting the ganache.
- When all the cookies are cool and ready to frost, stir together the other white morsels with the condensed milk and whisk over low heat for a few minutes until melted and smooth. I do this half at a time so I do’t have to rush and worry about the ganache setting up too fast.
- Frost the cookies with ganache and sprinkle immediately with Sprinkle Pop decor; allow the cookies to rest undisturbed to finish setting up before storing- about an hour (but this could vary if your ganache was thickly applied- so just test one).
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com