Easy to make peach milkshakes from fresh peaches. Indulge your sweet tooth!
Truth be known, I am in love with the peach milkshakes they make at Chik-Fil-A, which I discovered there after finding out that have sugar-free lemonade for when I get thirsty on the road. But the sugar in the milkshakes could send me into a sugar coma! Something must be done! I guess if I want this without added sugar I have to do it myself. What else is new?
I make a lot of fruity drinks at home, especially with fruit that may be slightly less than perfect. Which is what I had the day I made this. Peaches just a touch too soft for me to really like, but not so out of there that they should be thrown away. I thought about making a frozen peach margarita or dacquiri, but I’d had a peach margarita recently and besides, I didn’t feel like drinking that day. I don’t really drink all that often. I’m not a teetotaler, but having been on prescription painkiller for over ten years, well drinking and painkiller just don’t mix. But I do like cocktails, especially margaritas- just not that day.
So what to do. Smoothie? nope. Peach lassi? out of yogurt. I was in the mood for ice cream….
For easier entertaining, just make the peach mix ahead of time and refrigerate. Then just whiz it up with ice cream for your guests.
- 4 medium ripe peaches, stems and pits removed
- 4 fluid ounces half and half
- 6 tablespoons Splenda or sugar whichever you prefer
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 quart Breyer’s CarbSmart vanilla ice cream or your favorite brand
- Puree pitted and de-stemmed ripe peaches, half and half, sweetener and vanilla in a blender until smooth. Don’t worry bout peeling the peaches. Everything will be just fine.
- Mix 2 cups of slightly softened ice cream with 1 cup peach mix.
Yield: 2 cups peach mix or 2 servings total.