Buffalo potato salad combines the flavors of your favorite homestyle potato salad with the zip and spice of Buffalo chicken wings.
Buffalo Potato Salad
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
Every once in awhile I come across something that I wonder why I never made myself. Case in point is the Buffalo Potato Salad sold in the deli by Dorothy Lane Markets of Dayton Ohio. I had grabbed some when I was in a hurry, late for dinner, and needed a quick side. But OUCH! At somewhere around $9 per pound, something had to be done about the price gouging. Much cheaper to make this yourself.
This is wonderful served with a typical summer barbecue. Here it is shown with bbq chicken drummies, bbq boneless country style pork ribs, and oven roasted corn on the cob.
I use a Crystal or Frank’s type hot sauce in this, not Tabasco. Generally you want to use the kind of hot sauce you prefer on your hot wings.
Ff you hold the Buffalo potato salad for long periods before serving, you may need a bit more hot sauce as it tends to tone down upon sitting, but it is easy to stir in a little more to taste.
You Might Also Like:
Buffalo Potato Salad
- 2 pounds small waxy red potatoes
- 2 tbsp. melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp. Louisiana hot pepper sauce
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 4-6 slices bacon cooked crisp and crumbled
- 5 ounces crumbled Roquefort cheese or Bleu cheese
- paprika or smoked paprika to taste
- Boil potatoes in salted water until fork-tender, about 15-20 minutes; drain.
- Chop potatoes coarsely, quarter, or halve, depending on size.
- Drizzle with melted butter.
- Place potatoes in a salad bowl with scallions, celery, crumbled bacon, and crumbled Roquefort cheese.
- Whisk together the hot sauce with the mayo; and season the dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- Gently stir the dressing into the potatoes to mix and garnish with paprika.
- Refrigerate for a few hours for flavors to blend.
Also From Blogging Friends:
Noshing with the Nolands: Buffalo Wing Potatoes
The Clean Eating Couple: Healthy Buffalo Turkey Meatballs
Juggling Act Mama: Buffalo Chicken Salad
Windy City Dinner Fairy: Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
The Weary Chef: Buffalo Chicken and Rice