Lime Coconut Bundt Cake
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
Once again, the time has come for the Bundt Bakers to get together and share cake recipes. It has been a very long winter if not so much a cold one, and all of us are in need of a tropical vacation!
For me, thinking tropical evokes images of coconut palms swaying in the warm breeze of some island. But if I had a coconut cake, what to add in with it to give a little pizzazz?
Well, it is St. Patrick’s Day! So I thought….GREEN. And the greenest thing that is tropical as well is lime, so I thought I might give it a go.
So this Bundt is tricked out with all things coconut: cream of coconut, coconut oil, coconut extract, coconut flakes…with the bit of zip from lime and of course the green (which isn’t necessary for the cake unless you want it).
But it’s fun. And while I was making it I found myself humming some Harry Nilsson. Well, sort of. I don’t think he ever sang it this way.
Sue got another one she paid it for the lime
I said “Bundt Bakers, for a delicious tropic cake?”
You put the lime in the cake and then you bake it all up,
Lime Coconut Bundt Cake
Prep: 15 min.
Cook: 45 min.
Cool: 1 hour
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut oil (liquified but cool)
- 1/2 cup Cream of Coconut (sweetened type; such as Coco Lopez)
- 1/2 cup fat free milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons lime oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- zest of 2 limes
- 10 drops green food color (optional)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons cream of coconut (sweetened type, such as Coco Lopez)
- 2-3 tablespoons sweeteend flaked coconut
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease and flour the inside of a twelve cup nonstick bundt baking pan.
- Sift together the cake flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; place in the bowl of an electric stand mixer.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, cream of coconut, milk, eggs, lime oil, vanilla, coconut extract, lime zest and food coloring.
- Add wet mixture to the flour mix in the mixer and using a batter paddle, mix until smooth.
- Pour batter into cake pan.
- Bake cake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick can be removed clean.
- Cool in pan ten minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack.
- When cake is completely cool, mix an icing with the powdered sugar and enough cream of coconut to make a drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle cake and sprinkle with a touch of coconut and lime zest for garnish.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
#BundtBakers Tropical Vacation
Hosted by Christiane at The Mom Chef: Taking on Magazines
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving Bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all of our lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest Board.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme or ingredient.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers can be found on our homepage.
Don’t forget to take a peek at what other talented bakers have baked this month:
- Banana Coconut Pineapple Bundt by Food Lust People Love
- Banana Pineapple Mini Bundt Cakes by I Love Bundt Cakes
- Banana Rum Cake by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Bounty Bundt Cake by Baking in Pyjamas
- Bundt Cake Tropical by La mejor manera de hacer …
- Chocolate Coconut Tres Leche Bundt Cake by The Whisking Bowl
- Drømmekage (Danish Dream Cake) Bundt Cake by Brooklyn Homemaker
- Golden Tropical Coconut Bundt Cake by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Key Lime Bundt Cake by Taking On Magazines
- Lava Flow Bundt Cake by All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Lime-Coconut Bundt Cake by Palatable Pastime
- Piña Colada Rum Bundt Cake by Making Miracles
- Pineapple Upside Down Coconut Cake by Adventures in All Things Food
- Raspberry Mojito Bundt Cake by SpiceRoots
- Speckled Tropical Bundt Cake by I Camp in my Kitchen
- Tequila Sunrise Bundt Cake by Los Chatos Chefs
- Tres Leche Bundt with Pineapple and Strawberry Whipped Cream by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Tropical Hummingbird Bundt Cake by Tartacadabra
- Tropical Supreme Cake with Rum Cream Cheese Glaze by Sew You Think You Can Cook
You might also like: