Tasty grilled meatballs with Korean spice.
Grilled Korean Meatballs
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
This week for Sunday Supper the TasteMakers have put together a fabulous collection of almost 50 meatball recipes of all types and cuisines. For this event I was excited to be able to recreate a recipe for you that I first published online over ten years ago. At the time, gochujang was not available to me. But times change and now you can get that almost anywhere including Walmart. So the recipe itself has evolved slightly with a few changes including just cooking on a mesh grill grate rather than threading the meatballs onto wooden skewers.
But overall the end result is the same. You can serve these meatballs with various sorts of dipping sauces such as seasoned gochujang (ssamjang), sweet and sour or other dipping sauces. In this instance I did a quick drizzle with sriracha and was fine with that. Other times I might use other things.
These are quite easy to make, and if you’d like to jazz them up for entertaining you can serve them in small lettuce cups or on sword toothpicks, perhaps with a bit of something else such as pineapple chunks or bits of kimchi.
Grilled Korean Meatballs
Prep and cook: 30 minutes
Chill 1 hour.
Makes about 20 meatballs.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 Tablespoon gochujang paste
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/3 cup minced scallion
- Mix all ingredients together until thoroughly combined.
- Shape into meatballs and chill for one hour.
- Grill for 10-12 minutes until cooked through.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
- Bacon Wrapped Cheesy Meatballs with Maple Balsamic Sauce from The Crumby Cupcake
- Cheesy Stuffed Pepperoni Pizza Meatballs from The Weekend Gourmet
- Crab Cake Mini Meatballs with Tartar Sauce from The Texan New Yorker
- Garlicky Shrimp Meatballs from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Slow Cooker Turkey Appetizer Jelly Meatballs from Noshing With The Nolands
- Stuffed Meatballs from The Freshman Cook
- Tofu Nuggets from NinjaBaker
- Turkey Meatballs in Orange Sauce from Pine Needles In My Salad
- Turkey Meatballs with Spinach and Goat Cheese from Our Good Life
Main Dish Meatballs:
- All-Purpose Meatballs from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Baked Meatballs with Swiss Chard from And She Cooks
- Bourbon Baked Bean Meatballs from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chicken Parmesan Meatball Casserole from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Deep Dish Skillet Meatball Pizza from From Gate to Plate
- Fightin’ Irish Balls from Monica’s Table
- Hamballs from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Kefta Mkaouara (Moroccan Meatballs Tagine) from Curious Cuisiniere
- Keftedakia (Greek-style Meatballs) from Tramplingrose
- Kofte-Style Lamb Meatballs in a Tomato-Pepper Sauce from Caroline’s Cooking
- Meatball Subs from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Moroccan Lamb Meatballs in Tomato Sauce from MyGourmetConnection
- Orecchiette and Meatball Skillet Dinner from Momma’s Meals
- Persian Lamb Meatballs from Food Lust People Love
- Roasted Vegetable Meatballs from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Slow Cooker Spanish Meatballs from The Chef Next Door
- Sriracha Sesame Turkey Meatballs from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Sun Dried Tomato & Bulgarian Feta Chicken Meatballs over Lemon-Spinach Orzo From Simply Healthy Family
- Swedish Meatballs (Frikadeller) from Feeding Big
- Swedish Meatballs with Zucchini Ribbons from Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Sweet & Sour Freezer to Slow-Cooker Meatballs from Wholistic Woman
- Tajine-el-Khoukh (Algerian Stuffed Peaches) from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Thai Meatball Lettuce Wraps from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Thai Spaghetti and Meatballs from Kitchen Gidget
- Thai Red Curry Meatballs with Coconut Curry Sauce from kimchi MOM
- Brownie Meatballs with Frosting Spaghetti from Pies and Plots
You might also like: