Eerie Eyeball Cookies
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
It’s time for a little more #Choctoberfest fun and today I am bringing you a simple recipe for easy Halloween cookies using M&M candies and packaged eyeball candies (decorative for baking). I have always enjoyed M&M’s cookies around the holidays and with the autumn color sets they make now, baking for Halloween is made that much easier.
They are quite simple to make- just don’t make the mistake of putting on the top candies before the last minute, because the eyeballs will melt if kept in the oven much longer.
I think these are eerily fantastic for the cookie jar! Don’t you?
Don’t forget to scroll down and enter the giveaway if you have not done so already. The drawing is on Saturday. And there is a linkup of more recipes- it just doesn’t show up on my platform, so click the blue frog to view all those. The link is quite safe.
Be sure to check back again tomorrow for another fabulous #Choctoberfest round-up. I have created a very amazing recipe for meatballs that I don’t want to give too much away about just yet—except that there will be chocolate. I’ll let you ponder the possibilities. Until tomorrow-
Eerie Eyeball Cookies
- 1 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- food color to tint slightly (optional)
- 11.4 ounces Autumn colors M&M candies or equivalent
- 3 8.8 ounce packages decorative eyes baking candies
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Cream together butter and sugars in an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla, mixing to incorporate.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add flour to mixer a little at a time to form a smooth dough.
- If desired, tint with drops of red and yellow food coloring until desired color is achieved. I like orange, but not too bright- just enough to go with the colors of the M&Ms.
- Keep aside 1/2 cup of the M&Ms to decorate cookie tops, but otherwise add the rest to the dough using a spoon.
- Measure out dough using a cookie scoop, placing dough on parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
- Bake cookies for 11 minutes, then remove from oven and quickly press some of the M&M’s and eyes into the cookies, pressing them all the way down, but not smashing them.
- Return to oven and bake one minute more.
- Remove from oven and slide parchment paper onto a cooling rack and allow cookies to cool off undisturbed.
From the haunted kitchen of palatablepastime.com
Welcome to the third day of #Choctoberfest 2016!
#Choctoberfest is a virtual event put together by The PinterTest Kitchen. Bloggers from around the world will be posting their favorite chocolate recipes, and you’ll get a chance to win some awesome prizes.
Click on the hop link button to be transported to the other blogger’s recipes for #Choctoberfest:
And a HUGE thank you to the sponsors who make #Choctoberfest possible! This year, Imperial Sugar is back as our Gold Sponsor. They have been a trusted name in kitchens since 1843, and their website is home to thousands of sweet recipes tested in the Imperial Sugar Kitchen. You can find Imperial Sugar on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Youtube, or join their Sweet Community so you can share your own recipes, save recipes to a virtual inbox, print Imperial Sugar coupons, and connect with other sugar lovers.
Imperial Sugar and our silver sponsors have banded together to offer a huge #Choctoberfest prize pack, which you can enter to win below! One lucky winner will be chosen at random to receive the following:
- From our Gold Sponsor Imperial Sugar: 1 case of granulated sugar (40 pounds), 1 case of brown sugar (24 pounds), 1 case of dark brown sugar (24 pounds), 1 case of powdered sugar (24 pounds bags), and an Imperial Sugar red ruffle apron
- From our Silver Sponsor Nature Nate’s: 32 oz. Raw & Unfiltered Honey bottle, Honey Syrup, Honey Packets, a Nature Nate’s T-shirt, various kitchen supplies, and $50 Amazon gift card
- From our Silver Sponsor Barlean’s:16 oz Barlean’s Butter-Flavored Coconut Oil, 9.52 oz canister of Chocolate Silk Greens, and 8oz bottle of Essential Women Omega-Swirl Chocolate Mint
- From our Silver Sponsor Caveman Coffee: 1 Bag of Coffee (you choice of blacklisted or sabertooth), 1 coconut MCT oil, and 1 Cacao Butter
- From #Choctoberfest blog hosts The PinterTest Kitchen: 1 specialty chocolate gift pack (your choice of dark or milk chocolate), 1 tin (14 ounces) drinking chocolate, and Divine’s Fair Trade Gift Set
to win our #Choctoberfest 2016 prize pack! We’ll be picking a winner at random winner on Saturday, Oct. 15, so enter by Friday to make sure your name is in the drawing:
click here——->>>>A Rafflecopter Giveaway<<<——-
Recipes you might also like: