Asian Meatballs with Chocolate Satay Sauce
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
I had actually been sitting around brainstorming ideas to have some sort of chocolate recipe that was savory without making mole sauce or chili when I fell into this idea. I just happened to have some ground pork in the fridge and all the other ingredients standing by, so decided to go for it, and if it wasn’t anything to write home about, I wouldn’t be out too much (it’s why my recipe is small too, but you can increase the meatballs if you want more and still get by with the sauce).
The actual idea for it stems from peanut butter and coconut milk based sauces in these types of cuisines that use these typical ingredients. So it really wasn’t that much a jump for me, since I already knew I liked those. I liked the idea of using hoisin sauce as part of it because it seems the most naturally inclined of the ingredients I had to go with chocolate.
It really turned out amazing to me, far better than I ever hoped. So in hindsight, the chocolate really isn’t such an odd thing at all, even if you have never had it. Personally, I think it will be lots of fun to serve this at a Halloween party to get people on edge from the idea of it, and then sit back and scoop up all the compliments you will receive. Don’t you? I hope you and all your party guests enjoy, and Happy Halloween and #Choctoberfest!
Asian Meatballs with Chocolate Satay Sauce
- 8 ounces ground pork
- 1 teaspoon cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
Chocolate Satay Sauce:
- 4 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Mix together meatball ingredients and shape into eight meatballs.
- Fry meatballs in skillet until browned and cooked through.
- Stir together satay sauce and use as a dip for meatballs, drizzling meatballs with a little extra sriracha if desired.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
Welcome to the fourth day of #Choctoberfest 2016!
#Choctoberfest is a virtual event put together by The PinterTest Kitchen. Bloggers from around the world will be posting their favorite chocolate recipes, and you’ll get a chance to win some awesome prizes.
Click on the hop link button to be transported to the other blogger’s recipes of the day for #Choctoberfest:
And a HUGE thank you to the sponsors who make #Choctoberfest possible! This year, Imperial Sugar is back as our Gold Sponsor. They have been a trusted name in kitchens since 1843, and their website is home to thousands of sweet recipes tested in the Imperial Sugar Kitchen. You can find Imperial Sugar on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Youtube, or join their Sweet Community so you can share your own recipes, save recipes to a virtual inbox, print Imperial Sugar coupons, and connect with other sugar lovers.
Imperial Sugar and our silver sponsors have banded together to offer a huge #Choctoberfest prize pack, which you can enter to win below! One lucky winner will be chosen at random to receive the following:
- From our Gold Sponsor Imperial Sugar: 1 case of granulated sugar (40 pounds), 1 case of brown sugar (24 pounds), 1 case of dark brown sugar (24 pounds), 1 case of powdered sugar (24 pounds bags), and an Imperial Sugar red ruffle apron
- From our Silver Sponsor Nature Nate’s: 32 oz. Raw & Unfiltered Honey bottle, Honey Syrup, Honey Packets, a Nature Nate’s T-shirt, various kitchen supplies, and $50 Amazon gift card
- From our Silver Sponsor Barlean’s:16 oz Barlean’s Butter-Flavored Coconut Oil, 9.52 oz canister of Chocolate Silk Greens, and 8oz bottle of Essential Women Omega-Swirl Chocolate Mint
- From our Silver Sponsor Caveman Coffee: 1 Bag of Coffee (you choice of blacklisted or sabertooth), 1 coconut MCT oil, and 1 Cacao Butter
- From #Choctoberfest blog hosts The PinterTest Kitchen: 1 specialty chocolate gift pack (your choice of dark or milk chocolate), 1 tin (14 ounces) drinking chocolate, and Divine’s Fair Trade Gift Set
to win our #Choctoberfest 2016 prize pack! We’ll be picking a winner at random winner on Saturday, Oct. 15, so enter by Friday to make sure your name is in the drawing:
click here——->>>>A Rafflecopter Giveaway<<<——-
Recipes you might also like: