Caramel Apple Brownie Cookies combine several autumn favorite treats in one tasty fresh baked cookie using brownie mix.
Caramel Apple Brownie Cookies
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
Every now and again I like making a recipe that utilizes brownie mix. I obviously could make brownies myself, but this is a nice small package so, it has a smaller batch, which is great for busy smaller families or families which just like to have a batch made up very fresh rather than sitting around getting stale.
I also thought I would use a pack of the caramel apple candies as it seemed really interesting to me. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to go the Brookies route with them or make cookies. But the flavors simply remind me of going to the local apple orchards where they make their MONSTER type caramel apples, which are huge and covered with caramel and chocolate together. This thought condensed into a cookie. The oats I added for just an extra old-fashioned touch.
I really hope you like these! (Let me know in the comments!) And don’t forget to sign up for the giveaway. Someone is going to win it. It might as well be you, right? See you again soon!
Caramel Apple Brownie Cookies
Makes 1-1/2 dozen cookies
10 min prep | 11 min bake
- 10-1/4 ounce envelope Betty Crocker fudge brownie mix
- 1-1/4 cups Quaker old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 10 ounce package Hershey’s Caramel Apple filled milk chocolate candies
- Autumn mix jimmies or cookie sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix together the brownie mix, oats, oil, egg and water.
- Drop dough using a cookie scoop onto parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
- Sprinkle unbaked cookies with autumn mix jimmies.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately press unwrapped chocolate into the center of each cookie.
- Pull paper onto a wire rack and allow the cookies to cool completely.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
Welcome to the fifth day of #Choctoberfest 2016!
#Choctoberfest is a virtual event put together by The PinterTest Kitchen. Bloggers from around the world will be posting their favorite chocolate recipes, and you’ll get a chance to win some awesome prizes.
Click on the hop link button to be transported to the other blogger’s recipes of the day for #Choctoberfest:
And a HUGE thank you to the sponsors who make #Choctoberfest possible! This year, Imperial Sugar is back as our Gold Sponsor. They have been a trusted name in kitchens since 1843, and their website is home to thousands of sweet recipes tested in the Imperial Sugar Kitchen. You can find Imperial Sugar on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Youtube, or join their Sweet Community so you can share your own recipes, save recipes to a virtual inbox, print Imperial Sugar coupons, and connect with other sugar lovers.
Imperial Sugar and our silver sponsors have banded together to offer a huge #Choctoberfest prize pack, which you can enter to win below! One lucky winner will be chosen at random to receive the following:
- From our Gold Sponsor Imperial Sugar: 1 case of granulated sugar (40 pounds), 1 case of brown sugar (24 pounds), 1 case of dark brown sugar (24 pounds), 1 case of powdered sugar (24 pounds bags), and an Imperial Sugar red ruffle apron
- From our Silver Sponsor Nature Nate’s: 32 oz. Raw & Unfiltered Honey bottle, Honey Syrup, Honey Packets, a Nature Nate’s T-shirt, various kitchen supplies, and $50 Amazon gift card
- From our Silver Sponsor Barlean’s:16 oz Barlean’s Butter-Flavored Coconut Oil, 9.52 oz canister of Chocolate Silk Greens, and 8oz bottle of Essential Women Omega-Swirl Chocolate Mint
- From our Silver Sponsor Caveman Coffee: 1 Bag of Coffee (you choice of blacklisted or sabertooth), 1 coconut MCT oil, and 1 Cacao Butter
- From #Choctoberfest blog hosts The PinterTest Kitchen: 1 specialty chocolate gift pack (your choice of dark or milk chocolate), 1 tin (14 ounces) drinking chocolate, and Divine’s Fair Trade Gift Set
to win our #Choctoberfest 2016 prize pack! We’ll be picking a winner at random winner on Saturday, Oct. 15, so enter by Friday to make sure your name is in the drawing:
click here——->>>>A Rafflecopter Giveaway<<<——-
Remember to check back for the full two weeks of recipes- if I don’t have a recipe published that day, check to the Pintertest Kitchen for a link to the recipes for the day. This recipe is the last one I have scheduled, but if I get time over the weekend I might get a few more chocolate recipes ready to publish. Anyway, thanks for stopping in to #Choctoberfest!
Join my recipe group on Facebook for more recipes from blogger friends around the world!
You might also like:
Can’t Find a Recipe? | Help
Recipe Index A-M | Recipe Index N-Z | Home
Absolutely yummy! Happy Friday ♥
Perfect autumn/Halloween treats. I <3 these 😀