Brookies are sure-to-please, delicious (and cleverly named) brownie-cookie hybrids super simple and easy to make!
by Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
Brookies are wonderful gems of brownie-cookie hybrids that are dead simple to make. The cookie dough sinks into the brownie batter for a pleasantly different and wonderful taste!
Devouring the Immovable Object Inside the Unstoppable Force
While chocolate chip cookie dough may be an immovable, powerful thing, chocolate has always been an unstoppable force. So when these two titan flavors meet, the result is an explosion of delight in your mouth! And all for around two dollars.
This also has the added benefit of appealing to both the Chocolate Chip Cookie Camp and the Brownie Camp. No need to fight over which is better. Now you get the best of both worlds in one tasty little package!
Brownie batter in the pan:
Cookie dough added:
- 1 10.25 ounce packet Betty Crocker fudge brownie mix
- 1 large egg
- shortening (for greasing muffin tin)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 7.5 ounce packet Betty Crocker chocolate chip cookie mix
- 1/4 cup butter (softened)
- 13 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix together the brownie mix with the vegetable oil, egg, and 2 tbsp. water; set aside.
- Mix together the cookie mix with the softened butter and water; set aside.
- Grease a 12 hole muffin tin and divide the brownie dough into the cups.
- Divide the cookie dough among the muffin tins as well, dropping each portion right on top of the brownie batter.
- Bake at 350F for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes in the pan, then turn out and finish cooling on a wire rack.
You might also like:
Tender cookies with fresh peppermint flavor and a hint of chocolate!
Tropical Breeze Cookies are crispy, fruity cookies with a buttery character reminiscent of shortbread made from refrigerated dough and sliced.
Cranberries are perfect for Autumn. You can use fresh cranberries or ones that are frozen; just thaw the frozen ones.
Don’t forget to Pin & Save the Recipe!
Join my recipe group on Facebook for more recipes from blogger friends around the world!