Holiday Meatballs (AKA Grape Jelly Meatballs) makes a great sweet and sour type sauce for meatballs to serve during the holidays!
It never ceases to amaze me that these meatballs have a 2-ingredient sauce. Yes, it really is that simple. My daughter loves them and they are in demand every holiday in our home. Personally, I love that they are so easy to make.
I don’t really know where this recipe originates. I have seen it on the internet for years. It seems everyone has a version of them. You can use frozen meatballs if you want to make this even easier, but this recipe for meatballs is mine (and is delicious too!) and to make the grape jelly meatballs the only two real constants are the chili sauce and the grape jelly.
I have seen recipes that cook these in the crock pot but really, it doesn’t take that long on top of the stove and you get a better sauce. From there they keep warm in the crock pot.
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha chili sauce
- 1 large egg
- salt and pepper
- 16 ounces grape jelly
- 12 ounces Heinz chili sauce
- Mix together ingredients for meatballs.
- Scoop into meatballs using a small cookie dough sized scoop and roll into a smooth meatball using wet hands.
- Gently cook in skillet on all sides until the internal temp reaches 165F.
- Drain and allow meatballs to cool.
- Melt jelly in a saucepan and stir in the Heinz chili sauce.
- Add meatballs and stir to coat.
- Cook over low heat until sauce thickens.
Join my recipe group on Facebook for more recipes from blogger friends around the world!
You might also like: