Christmas Party Punch
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
Welcome to the holiday season! Now that Thanksgiving is under our belts (and in some cases, hanging over it…) we can start concentrating on the upcoming winter holidays, including parties. And holiday cocktails are the theme for this week’s Sunday Supper, so I have opted to share with you my recipe for what basically amounts to Hawaiian punch, and you can decide if you want to add rum to it.
I know a lot of people are looking for punch recipes of this sort. And if you want to serve this to kids, or at church, just leave the rum at home.
It is quite easy to make even if you think there are lots of different juices. I bought the ones in the small, soda-pop sized cans. So you don’t have to worry about unwanted leftovers. You can usually find those in Hispanic markets if not at the regular grocery store. Except for the apple, orange and pomegranate- those were small containers that were in the refrigerated section (I think Pom and Simply Juice) and you can find those anywhere. The grenadine should be with mixer syrups- don’t worry, it is not alcoholic. Grenadine is actually a pomegranate based syrup. And the lemon-lime soda is of course, everywhere. I used Sprite.
After you mix this up it is easy enough to put into clean empty plastic milk jugs and chill down. You can even pour some of the punch into ice cube trays to make frozen cubes to chill the punch which will not dilute the punch as it sits.
Join me tomorrow when I am baking with the bloggers at #MuffinMonday. I have whipped up some fruitcake muffins to put a little festivity into the season.
On Tuesday, I will be posting with the festive Bloggers again, as we celebrate National French Toast day. I have brazilian Rabanada for you.
Don’t forget to scroll down and check out the other #SundaySupper cocktail recipes. I’ve spotted several that I will be trying out soon. How about you?
Christmas Party Punch
- 24 ounces lemon-lime soda
- 16 ounces white rum
- 15.6 ounces Pineapple juice
- 11.5 ounces Apple Juice
- 11.5 ounces Orange juice
- 11.3 ounces Apricot Nectar
- 9.6 ounces Passion Fruit Cocktail juice
- 9.6 ounces Papaya Nectar
- 9.6 ounce Guava Juice
- 8 ounces Pomegranate Juice
- 4 ounces grenadine syrup
- 2 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon red food coloring (optional)
- Stir together and serve in a punch bowl or drink dispenser.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
Winter Cocktail Recipes #SundaySupper
- Bourbon Flipby Sunday Supper Movement
- Buttery Nipple Cocktail by Positively Stacey
- Candy Cane Cocktail by My Blissful Mess
- Cranberry Moscow Mule by Restless Chipotle
- Ginger Caramel Apple Mule by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Mincemeat Manhattan by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mulled Cranberry Vodka Cocktail by Food Lust People Love
- Snow Honey Cocktail by Our Good Life
- Sugar Plum Martini by Pies and Plots
Winter Wines and Punch
- Apple Cider Sangria by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Christmas Party Punch by Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Champagne Cocktail by The Freshman Cook
- Gluhwein (German Mulled Wine) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Rosemary and Blood Orange Sangria for a Party by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.