Tender steamed carrots with a sweet and savory cranberry glaze makes a perfect easy side dish.
Cranberry Glazed Carrots
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
Welcome to #CranberryWeek! All week long I will be sharing my newest recipes for using that delicious autumn berry along with a group of blogging friends. I am sure we will have it covered from A-Z!
I will be posting two recipes today, this recipe of the day for a simple cranberry glazed carrots, and also today my recipe for Bacon and Potato Salad with Sweet Vidalia Dressing, so make sure you get to see both.
This carrot recipe is a version of another of my favorite side dish recipes, which is Glazed Baby Carrots Dijon. In some ways they are very much alike, but also a bit different.
But each of them has a glaze that actually clings- and I am a stickler on this point. If the sauce does not cling, it is not a glaze.
For example, if in winter, the weatherman said ice would glaze your sidewalks, that is a bit different from just wet rain that runs right off, correct?
And I despise a runny glaze. Probably more than Ruby Thewes despises a flogging rooster in the movie Cold Mountain, but pretty close.
I have a lot in common with that character actually, but if you have met me, you already know this.
So now that my food policing is over, you can go down and read the recipe and see how easy it is. It’s not hard to make- you just need to have the correct amount of butter and sugar in there and presto- perfect glaze. Now you can make a perfect glazed carrot, every single time. Enjoy.
The Recipe Collection Continues…
Hosted by Caroline Williams
- Buddha’s Hand-Cranberry Shortbread from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Cranberry Baked Brie from Cookaholic Wife
- Cranberry Fig Sauce from The Redhead Baker
- Cranberry Glazed Carrots from Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Jam with Bacon and Onions from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cranberry Orange Sweet Rolls from The Saucy Fig
- Cranberry Whiskey Sour from Caroline’s Cooking
- Dark Chocolate Cranberry Scones from Cooking For My Soul
- Pork Chops with Cranberry Maple Pan Sauce from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Spiced Cranberry Sangria from A Joyfully Mad Kitchen
Cranberry Glazed Carrots
- 12 ounces baby carrots, steamed until tender (18-20 minutes)
- 1/4 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Steam carrots until tender.
- Whisk sauce ingredients together in a saucepan over low heat until smooth.
- Toss sauce with carrots and continue to cook until carrots are glazed and sauce clings.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
You Might Also Like: