So simple to prepare and really is quite delicious!
This is my favorite of all the glazed carrot recipes I have ever prepared, and it actually does have a *glaze* on it, not some sauce that just runs off. Not too sweet and the Dijon flavor pairs perfectly. I think you will like these as much as I do!
Just to clarify, since more than one person has asked me about the carrots, these are heirloom carrots, which came in orange, yellow, white and purple. They aren’t parsnips or anything like that. It really doesn’t make a big deal of difference in the recipe, as any type carrot will work. ~s
Glazed Baby Carrots Dijon
- 1 lb baby carrots, ready to cook or other carrots, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons light brown sugar or honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch salt (to taste)
- 1 pinch black pepper (to taste)
- Cook or steam carrots until they are crisp-tender.
- Melt butter in skillet; add brown sugar or honey and mustard and stir to make a smooth sauce.
- Stir in carrots and coat well.
- Cook 1-2 minutes more, until heated through.
from the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
You Might also Like: