Pecan Crescent Cookies
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
Pecan Crescent Cookies Disclaimer: Thank you to Millican Pecan, Anolon Bakeware, Sweets & Treats and Adams Extracts, for providing the prizes for #ChristmasCookies Week free of charge. As always, all opinions are my own.
Pecan Crescent Cookies is my recipe of the day with the Christmas Cookies Week blogging group. It’s an annual tradition where we get together to present our newest holiday cookies recipes. Our lovely sponsors provide product for the recipes and also prizes, which you can enter for a chance to win below.
My pecan crescent cookies are typical of many wedding cookie type recipes, with the difference being in the combination of pecan meal from Millican plus the bourbon.
The pecan meal is nicely ground so you don’t need to trouble with using a nut grinder or chopping by hand. This speeds things up nicely.
Combining the bourbon and vanilla together actually enhances these flavors without being overpowering. Plus the bourbon and pecan are special to me being a Kentucky flavor, a state I live very near.
The Anolon pans provided were quite nice with silicone handles so you don’t accidentally drop a hot pan as easily. They have a nice grip. They are also nonstick, but I still use parchment to absorb oils since they will be used more than once in this recipe.
Welcome to #ChristmasCookies week where more than 25 bloggers are sharing cookie recipes perfect for your holiday celebrations. Hosted by Ellen from Family Around the Table, Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures and Heather from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks, we invite you to not only check out the recipes but enter the amazing giveaway.
Don’t miss one delicious cookie recipe! Follow along on Pinterest.
Wednesday Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Almond Shortbread Bites by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Brown Sugar Ice Box Cookies by West Via Midwest
- Chocolate Dipped Cranberry Oatmeal Cookie by Lemon Blossoms
- Chocolate Pecan Cookie Crisps by Eat Move Make
- Christmas Checkerboard Cookies by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Christmas Chippity Chip Cookies by Daily Dish Recipes
- Christmas Tree Cookies by Swirls of Flavor
- Cinnamon Snowball Cookies by Jersey Girl Cooks
- French Toast Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Frosty Ginger Cookies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Ginger Snap Cookies by Devour Dinner
- Holiday Coins by Family Around the Table
- Italian Christmas Cookies by Blogghetti
- Meringue Christmas Trees Two Ways by Art of Natural Living
- New York-Style Black & Whites by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Pecan Crescent Cookies by Palatable Pastime (You are Here!)
- Pepparkakor by That Recipe
- Peppermint Cream Cheese Crushed Oreo Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Reindeer Haystacks by Leftovers Then Breakfast
- Salted Caramel Dark Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies by Sweet Beginnings
- Soft Italian Wedding Cookies by Making Miracles
- Sweet Potato Pecan Cookies by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Turtle Cookies by An Affair from the Heart
- Vegan Italian Wine Cookies by Frugal & Fit
- Whipped Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Zimstern – German Cinnamon Stars by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Pecan Crescent Cookies
You Might Also Like:
Cranberry Kit-Kat Cookies are full of Kit-Kat crunch, cranberries, white chocolate morsels, and frosted with a white chocolate ganache adorned with festive sprinkles.
Chestnut Praline Latte Cookies are a cookie version of one of my favorite Starbucks coffee drinks with a candied chestnut praline topping.
Candy Cane Blossom Cookies are made using festive holiday candy kisses pressed into sugar cookies and decorated as you like.
Crisp gingerbread cookies decorated like reindeer for Christmas.
Rich chocolatey cookies with a hint of holiday peppermint.
Pecan Crescent Cookies
Pecan Crescent Cookies
- 1 cup room temperature butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Kentucky bourbon whiskey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecan meal
- Sifted Powdered Sugar as needed
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cream together the butter and granulated sugar.
- Add extract and bourbon stirring to mix.
- Stir in salt and flour to form a dough, then fold in pecan meal, mixing until smooth.
- Chill dough 30 minutes.
- When dough is chilled, roll 1 teaspoonful of dough into a ball, then roll out until it is finger length.
- Gently curve dough into a crescent and place on parchment paper lined baking sheets about an inch apart.
- Chill remaining dough.
- Bake cookies for 15 minutes or until barely golden at the edges, then cool completely on the pans.
- When completely cool, sprinkle or dredge cooking in sifted powdered sugar.
Christmas Cookies Week Giveaway:
Prize 1: Tower of Treats from Millican Pecan Company
Originally founded as the West Texas Pecan Nursery in the late 1800’s, Millican Pecan is now in 5th generation ownership. Located in San Saba, TX, the family continues the tradition of pecan farming while also branching the business into the online world. The family also enjoys educating people about pecans. One winner will receive The Tower of Treats Gift Tins. The tower includes 3 decorative gift tins stacked on top of each other. The bottom tin includes our 2 lb. Chocolate Pecan Sampler, the middle tin is our Flavored Pecan Sampler and the top tin is an 8 oz. tin of Milk Chocolate Caramillicans (similar to Turtles). An $80 value.
Prize 2: An Assortment of Flavored Extracts from Adams Extract and Spices
In January 2013, Adams, one of the oldest continuously operated companies in Texas and one of oldest spice and extract companies in the United States, celebrated its 125th birthday and was awarded the Texas Treasure Business Award, an award sponsored by State Bill 920 that recognizes the accomplishments of Texas businesses that have provided employment opportunities and support to the state’s economy for at least 50 years and pays tribute to the state’s well-established businesses and their exceptional historical contributions toward the state’s economic growth and prosperity.
Today, Adams proudly manufactures and markets under several Adams Brand banners, including Adams Best®, Adams Extract®, Adams® Seasoning & Spice, Adams Reserve®, Flavor King™, Pantry Basics™, Sear-n-Crust®, ClearVan™, Carniceria®, Cocina del Rey®, Naturals™, and Urban Canner™ along with the Adams Frozen Skillet Desserts and Adams Premium Ice Cream lines. In addition, Adams is proud to manufacture for some of the nations most respected Private Label Brands as well as other legacy Regional Seasoning Brands and is used to flavor many commercially produced food products around the nation.
Prize 3: A Set of Baking Pans from Anolon
Established in the 1950’s, Meyer Manufacturing started by making and selling flashlights. In 1971 they started their journey into selling cookware. By 1986 they released the world’s first hard-anodized nonstick cookware which revolutionized the world of home cooking. Their nonstick surface didn’t flake or scratch easily.
Today they sell bakeware with nonstick interior and exterior made with a special sapphire-reinforced blend that is triple coated. NOTE: Color may vary from the photo above.
Make Sweets & Treats your one-stop shop for all your holiday sprinkle needs. In addition to fun, festive and colorful sprinkles, Sweets & Treats offers cupcake liners, edible glitters, sugars, and more.
Founded in 2010 by Shannon Harvey out of an industry need for bold, bright cupcake liners and baking supplies that are the life of the party! Based in Louisiana, Sweets & Treats is a designer cupcake liner manufacturer and party supply company that creates exclusive greaseproof cupcake liners, sprinkles, sprinkle mixes, paper straws, and other baking supplies.
Enter to Win Prizes!
Join my recipe group on Facebook for more recipes from blogger friends around the world!
Giveaway Disclaimer: Four (4) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email, or they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. The #ChristmasCookies bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway. Entries will be verified. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Giveaway open to US Residents only who are 18 years of age or older to enter giveaway. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #ChristmasCookies posts or entry.