4 Bean Salad is a classic summer chilled bean salad, and you can use fresh, canned or frozen beans to your preference.
4 Bean Salad
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
This salad is an old summertime favorite of mine.
Use whatever type of cooked beans you like in this recipe. You’ll need about 4 pounds total. I like to pick out beans that have different colors and shapes, to provide interest. You can use your favorites. Sometimes if I don’t have garlic powder, I use minced garlic, or if not that, then a seasoned salt instead of the garlic-salt-pepper will do just fine. Onions vary in size- use about equal amounts green pepper to onion. I hope you enjoy!
Until next time-
4 Bean Salad
- 4 16-ounce cans beans (choose 4 different types: green beans, kidney beans, chickpeas, cannellini beans, wax beans, limas, black-eyed peas, etc.)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Whisk dressing separately.
- Mix ingredients together and marinate for 6 hours or overnight before serving.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
Join my recipe group on Facebook for more recipes from blogger friends around the world!