Garlic Pull-Apart Bread
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
Once again it is time for the Bread Bakers group and this month we are baking pull apart breads (or trying to). You see my oven broke yesterday.
So I am carrying on using an electric turkey roaster, which actually has a bright side if you consider that sooner or later, someone is going to have oven trouble with it breaking down or being used for something else.
You will find that yesterday I bake a Gingered Pear Pie using the roaster oven. And Thursday I will post a recipe for Bundt cake baked in the roaster oven. And while this is all good to know, I would feel a little better if I knew the part for my oven was in. And I won’t find that out until later in the day on Tuesday. Oh my lord, please let it be taken care of before next week!
Make sure you also take a peek at my Salad with Cranberries, Pears, Walnut and Gorgonzola I have posted for #CranberryWeek. It includes an easy how-to on making your own candied walnuts and a homemade pear vinaigrette dressing. I love making my own salad dressings!
Join me on Wednesday for a homemade version of jellied cranberry sauce (like the can but without the can!) and on Thursday, like I already mentioned, the Cranberry Bundt cake for both #CranberryWeek and #BundtBakers.
Friday it’s time for #FishFridayFoodies, when I will share my recipe for Crab Stuffed Mushrooms and for #SoupSwappers on Saturday I’ll share my recipe for Butternut Squash Soup. #SundaySupper will be a holiday Cranberry Salad (fluff type). Make sure you join me each day!
Garlic Pull-Apart Bread
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (1.4-ounce packet) active dry yeast
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons potato starch
Garlic butter ingredients:
- 4 ounces soft butter
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 2 teaspoons dried minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Stir together the milk, melted butter, sugar, garlic powder and salt; heat to 115°F.
- Place the eggs and yeast in the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk the warm milk into it.
- Put the dough hook on the mixer and add the flour and starch at low speed, until mixed in, then mix with the hook until the dough is tacky and lightly sticky to the touch, adding a little flour or drops of warm milk to adjust the consistency if needed.
- Place dough into a greased bowl in a warm place (100°F.) for about an hour or until doubled.
- While dough is rising, mix together the garlic butter.
- When dough has risen, butter a glass loaf pan and lean against something at about 45° where it won’t slide.
- Pinch off golf ball sized pieces of dough, roll, then flatten on a nonstick surface with your hands (like making tiny pizzas).
- Brush one side of the disk lightly with the garlic butter and fold in half (like a taco).
- Stack the folded dough disk against the side of the pan and continue, placing each new disk on top of the other, until the dough is used up. You may need to press the stack down a little to get more in, but once they are all in there, give it a tiny shake to fill the pan back out. Save any extra butter.
- Place the pan in a warm area (100°F.) for about 45 minutes or until dough rises to the top of the pan. (Room temps will add or subtract from rising time).
- When dough has risen, bake at 350°F until the internal temp probes to 190°-200°. Tent the top of bread if it excessively browns (mine was fine).
- This took 70 minutes in an electric turkey roaster (sorry, but my oven s broken right now…but? The show must go on) but plan on about 60-75 minutes. The internal temp is way more important than how long it takes. Try not to fan the lid on a roaster too much as it will take extra time to heat back up.
- When done baking brush the top with any of that extra butter you saved.
- Turn loaf out of the pan and serve warm.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
November 2017: Pull-Apart Breads
Hosted by Kelly from Passion Kneaded
- Apple Pecan Streusel Pull Apart Bread from Hostess at Heart
- Bananas Foster Monkey Bread from Food Lust People Love
- Caramel Nut Rolls from House of Nash Eats
- Cheese Stuffed Garlic Pull Apart Bread from Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Cheesy Pesto Pull Apart Bread from Spill the Spices
- Christmas Tree Bread from Sara’s Tasty Buds
- Chrysanthemum Bread from Ambrosia
- Cinnamon Sugar Pull Apart Bread from Cook’s Hideout
- Coffee Pull-Apart Bread from Passion Kneaded
- Coriander Garlic Pull Apart Bread from The Mad Scientist’s Kitchen
- Cranberry Chutney Pull Apart Bread from Spiceroots
- Garlic Pull Apart Bread from Palatable Pastime
- (High Altitude) Cranberry Orange Cardamom Pull-Apart Bread from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Jalapeño & Cheese Pull Apart Bread from I camp in my kitchen
- Laadi Pav or Pull Apart Rolls from Sneha’s Recipe
- Monkey Bread from Sonlicious
- Overnight Monkey Bread Pudding from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Paneer Pesto Pull Apart Rolls from Veena’s Vegnation
- Pull-Apart Dill Bread from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Pumpkin, Garlic, and Sage Pull Apart Bread from Baking Sense
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Pull-Apart Bread from All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Stuffed Sweet Potato Pull Apart Rolls from The Schizo Chef
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.