Caesar Cole Slaw shakes up your usual picnic or cookout favorite by adding in the flavors of one of your favorite standby salads.
Caesar Cole Slaw
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
Jump to Recipe
My recipe of the day is with #BBQWeek again and today’s selection is for Caesar Cole Slaw. All week long bloggers are sharing their favorite recipes to have at cookouts.
Almonds for Crunch
This recipe is a riff off one of my favorite salads-the Caesar. It doesn’t have croutons in it, but as I started doing back when I first used to do low-carb, I ditched the croutons and in their place used toasted almonds, which I love. You might find that you also like to do this when you make the normal salad with romaine lettuce.
The cole slaw also uses generic Caesar dressing- which you can buy if you like, but I also have a recipe for it: Caesar Dressing. If you do end up buying some, Marie’s is pretty good.
What to Serve
It’s probably no big surprise that I like to serve this Caesar Cole Slaw with things like grilled chicken breast or grilled salmon. There are lots of types that this would pair with, even the simplest.
BBQ and Cookout recipes from blogging friends:
- Balsamic Three Bean Salad by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Berry Ice Box Cake by Back To My Southern Roots
- Boozy Bourbon Cupcakes by Cookaholic Wife
- Caesar Cole Slaw by Palatable Pastime
- Grilled Brie by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Grilled Chicken Wings with Carrot Habanero Hot Sauce and Blue Cheese by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Grilled Halloumi Over Hummus by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Grilled Steak with Guajillo Pepper Chimichurri by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Homemade Watermelon Lemonade by Daily Dish Recipes
- Lemon Dill Tortellini Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- London Broil Sandwiches by The Freshman Cook
- Parsley Chive Butter by Family Around the Table
- Roasted Strawberry Chipotle BBQ Sauce by Food Above Gold
- Watermelon Mint Moscow Mule by Sweet Beginnings
You Might Also Like:
I’ve listed some of my other cole slaw recipes if you like having different ways to make it. I do!
Henri’s Tas-Tee Dressing Clone and Cole Slaw is the sweet and tangy dressing made at home from scratch with the usual slaw.
Curry Cole Slaw
Curry Coleslaw is a creamy and mildly spicy alternative to the usual coleslaw, with the exotic flavor of curry.
Amish Hot Bacon Slaw
Amish Hot Bacon Slaw is a warm cabbage slaw with a sweet and tangy dressing served as a warm side dish or salad for a bbq.
No-Mayo Slaw with Poppyseed Dressing
No Mayo Slaw with Poppyseed Dressing is a crisp, tasty must-have for picnics and other outdoor eating fare.
Kohlrabi and Cabbage Slaw
Kohlrabi is a wonderful vegetable that is related to turnips and cabbage and makes a great addition to cole slaw.
Caesar Cole Slaw
Click stars in the recipe card to rate!
Caesar Cole Slaw
- 10 ounces finely shredded cabbage
- 1 ounce finely shredded lacinato kale
- 4 scallions chopped
- 1 cup Caesar salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Mix together except almonds and chill.
- Stir in almonds before serving.
Don’t Forget to Pin and Save the Recipe!
Join my recipe group on Facebook for more recipes from blogger friends around the world!
or scan the code to join
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links which offer sources for ingredients and equipment, if needed. Clicking on them doesn’t cost you anything but helps pay the electric bill and keep the blog lights on should you purchase anything during your visit! Thanks for your support.
This sounds heavenly to me, a true Caesar salad lover! Thanks for the recipe inspiration! I’m thinking Caesar Broccoli Salad!